- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital1 of 7
- Photo: Amos Gumulira/GettyImages.com2 of 7
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
By Kat Giantis
Is Madonna about to cut off the red-string bracelet that has decorated her wrist for 15 years? So claims the London Daily Mirror, which contends that the Big M is having a spiritual crisis over her longtime commitment to Kabbalah and may be seeing another faith on the side.
"She has invested so much into Kabbalah," alleges a source, "so she was devastated by these damning accusations."
(The Father Time-flouting superstar has reportedly funneled an estimated $18 million of her hard-earned cash into the Kabbalah Centre organization, a self-help-like mystical offshoot of Judaism led by Philip Berg, whose son, Michael Berg, co-founded Raising Malawi.)
The paper alleges that Madonna is currently on the outs with several muckety-mucks from the Kabbalah Centre and is now checking out some alternate spiritual paths, including the Catholicism-based Opus Dei.
"Madonna has always been intrigued by Opus Dei," says the snitch. "As yet, she's not a fully paid-up member -- she's just had informal chats."
The tab claims that the Catholic-raised pop icon spent 90 minutes on Friday at the London outpost of Opus Dei, which takes pains to point out that it's different from the secret sect portrayed in "The Da Vinci Code."
But keep in mind that Madonna, who not so coincidentally hired a public relations fixer to do damage control over the Raising Malawi mess, seemed plenty committed to Kabbalah during Purim services just three weeks ago.
She was photographed decked out as Charlie Chaplin for the costume-centric holiday.
So, is Madonna flirting with another faith?
Not according to her rep, who assures Wonderwall that there is "no truth to this rumor at all."
RELATED: Madonna pics galore
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYoung Hollywood
From Crowd Ignite