- Photo: Justin Bieber/Instagram1 of 19
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 19
- Photo: BB13/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: DMac/Fame Flynet4 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 19
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 19
- Photo: Mr Blue/WENN7 of 19
- Photo: PMK/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/StarTraks10 of 19
- Photo: KAZUHIRO NOGI/GettyImages.com11 of 19
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 19
- Photo: MTRX/GSI13 of 19
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: © Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.16 of 19
- Photo: Juan Sharma/Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com17 of 19
- Photo: COBO/GSI18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Two things that often get a bad rap -- social media and Justin Bieber -- came together on Monday in a most touching way. In response to an online campaign to persuade him to visit a sick Canadian fan, the 18-year-old popster popped by an Edmonton hospital for a confab with 17-year-old Crystal Montgomery, who is suffering from bone cancer.
It all started when Crystal's pals issued pleas on Facebook and Twitter for the Biebs to swing by and meet her while he was in town to perform at a sold-out concert.
"It would mean the world to Crystal if you stopped even five minutes to see her, since she is too sick to leave the hospital and attend the concert like her and I had originally planned," wrote her friend Joana Antunes.
"My fans are amazing. They made me aware of something. I'm gonna make good on it. #giveback," Bieber tweeted on Monday. "Now off to do something that matters."
A few hours later, Justin posted a picture showing him posing with Montgomery in her hospital room. For those cynical types who feel the urge to mutter, "PR-savvy photo op," try to remember that the face time went a long way toward lifting the teen's spirits.
"He's amazing. He's an inspiration," Crystal gushed to the Toronto Sun. "To see him be such a megastar so willing to help people, and he's just such a great person. He's an inspiration to everyone."
Responded Bieber, "Thanks to the fans for always pointing me on the right path."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite