- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America1 of 18
- Photo: B.Dowling/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 18
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage4 of 18
- Photo: @B_Giabiconi/Twitter5 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 18
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: Clasos/CON/Getty Images North America10 of 18
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin11 of 18
- Photo: Alban Wyters/StarTraks12 of 18
- Photo: Denis Guignebourg/StarTraks13 of 18
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 18
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage17 of 18
- Photo: Rick Leeks/Splash News18 of 18
By Kat Giantis
Did Katy Perry find romance in the desert? While making the scene last weekend at the Coachella Music Festival in Indio, Calif., the soon-to-be-ex-Mrs. Russell Brand was snapped holding hands with Florence + the Machine guitarist Rob Ackroyd (see pic below), a move that quickly sparked talk that a romance is a-brewing.
And it appears that Perry hasn't been shy about labeling the easy-on-the-eyes rocker.
"Backstage at the Artist Lounge at Coachella last weekend, Katy kept saying her boyfriend was the guitar player for Florence + the Machine," a spy tattles to Life & Style. "She and a bunch of friends were supposed to go see Dr. Dre together, but Katy said she was waiting to watch her boyfriend perform!"
The pair's caught-on-camera digit-touching came as Katy took in a performance by her BFF, Rihanna, who may have had a wee bit too much fun at the festival.
The doll-faced popster has yet to comment on the rumblings, but Ackroyd appeared to reference her in an April 17 tweet, enthusing, "Best Coachella ever. Scratch that, best weekend ever. Dre, Snoop, Pac, Nate, Fiddy & KP."
He also began following Katy on Twitter, which, as everyone knows, must mean they're in lurve. Either way, they could face one insurmountable problem, namely, the fact that Ackroyd says pop music "cuts through me like a knife."
Perry, who split from Brand in December, was recently (and dubiously) linked to French model Baptiste Giabiconi. Brand also went the eye-candy route and was last seen in the company of a dark-haired Hungarian model.
"Right now, Katy and Russell are trying to get to the point where they can at least be friends," a source close to the singer recently told Us Weekly.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'The Bachelor'
From Crowd Ignite