Hookup Rumor du Jour: Rocker Boyfriend for Katy Perry?Related: Hot Gossip, Romance Report, Katy Perry
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America1 of 18
- Photo: B.Dowling/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 18
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage4 of 18
- Photo: @B_Giabiconi/Twitter5 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 18
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: Clasos/CON/Getty Images North America10 of 18
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin11 of 18
- Photo: Alban Wyters/StarTraks12 of 18
- Photo: Denis Guignebourg/StarTraks13 of 18
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 18
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage17 of 18
- Photo: Rick Leeks/Splash News18 of 18
By Kat Giantis
Did Katy Perry find romance in the desert? While making the scene last weekend at the Coachella Music Festival in Indio, Calif., the soon-to-be-ex-Mrs. Russell Brand was snapped holding hands with Florence + the Machine guitarist Rob Ackroyd (see pic below), a move that quickly sparked talk that a romance is a-brewing.
And it appears that Perry hasn't been shy about labeling the easy-on-the-eyes rocker.
"Backstage at the Artist Lounge at Coachella last weekend, Katy kept saying her boyfriend was the guitar player for Florence + the Machine," a spy tattles to Life & Style. "She and a bunch of friends were supposed to go see Dr. Dre together, but Katy said she was waiting to watch her boyfriend perform!"
The pair's caught-on-camera digit-touching came as Katy took in a performance by her BFF, Rihanna, who may have had a wee bit too much fun at the festival.
The doll-faced popster has yet to comment on the rumblings, but Ackroyd appeared to reference her in an April 17 tweet, enthusing, "Best Coachella ever. Scratch that, best weekend ever. Dre, Snoop, Pac, Nate, Fiddy & KP."
He also began following Katy on Twitter, which, as everyone knows, must mean they're in lurve. Either way, they could face one insurmountable problem, namely, the fact that Ackroyd says pop music "cuts through me like a knife."
Perry, who split from Brand in December, was recently (and dubiously) linked to French model Baptiste Giabiconi. Brand also went the eye-candy route and was last seen in the company of a dark-haired Hungarian model.
"Right now, Katy and Russell are trying to get to the point where they can at least be friends," a source close to the singer recently told Us Weekly.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite