- Photo: infusmi-11/13/INF1 of 14
- Photo: Miami Beach Police/.2 of 14
- Photo: VEM/MiamiPIXX/Fame Flynet3 of 14
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram4 of 14
- Photo: Nathan Denette/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Getty Images North America6 of 14
- Photo: Twitter7 of 14
- Photo: Splash News8 of 14
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Uncredited/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Instagram11 of 14
- Photo: Tertius Pickard/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Uncredited/AP13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- Stars From 'Justified,' 'Mad Men' Join Short Film 'WintMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:24:00 PM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie Roles
By Kat Giantis
Justin Bieber might want to look into renting a remote mountain cabin for a while, because mixing with the world at large isn't working out so well for him. On Friday afternoon, the trouble-attracting popster, 19, found himself detained for several hours while his Canada-originating private plane was searched for drugs upon landing at New Jersey's Teterboro Airport, report the New York Post and TMZ.
Sources say U.S. customs officials "detected what was described as a strong odor of pot" emanating from his aircraft.
Bieber, who had reportedly flown to New Jersey from Toronto with his dad, Jeremy, and ten or so pals to hit the Super Bowl party circuit, was taken into a holding area as drug-sniffing dogs checked out the jet, the passengers and their luggage.
"He came in, the jet smelled like weed," a source tells the Post. "They were doing preliminary security checks that they don't usually do as Teterboro is usually pretty relaxed, but because of the Super Bowl, they are doing more security checks."
According to the paper, customs officials searched for more than an hour without finding any contraband (of the Mary Jane variety or otherwise, although the canines apparently smelled something). Bieber and his entourage were then released.
The search comes on the heels of an avalanche of legal trouble for the Biebs, including a DUI arrest in Miami, an assault charge in Toronto and an alleged egg-tossing incident at his home in Calabasas, Calif.
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite