- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 13
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 13
- Photo: Miami Beach Police/.4 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/TCA 2011/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: SC2/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: David Rowland/Rex/Rex USA10 of 13
- Photo: Instagram11 of 13
- Photo: Canham/Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, ImagineMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Black TV Producer Mistaken for Bank Robber: Beverly Hills PD 'Deeply Regrets' ErroMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Ad Spending to Hit Record $172 Billion Next Year; Digital to Overtake in 2017MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Pierce Brosnan Spy Thriller 'November Man' Targets Older Action Fans at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Babel's' Adriana Barraza to Play Pablo Escobar's Mother in NetfMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, Imagine
Note to anyone contemplating a grand romantic gesture over social media: Don't do it, because it'll most likely backfire. Case in point: Justin Bieber's apparently unsuccessful attempt to woo ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez with a misty-eyed Instagram posting.
"Most elegant princess in the world," he gushed on Monday alongside a pair of photos showing Selena posing in a gold Pucci gown at the post-Oscars Vanity Fair bash.
So, to boil it down: Instead of, say, making a concerted effort to curb some of the troubling habits that supposedly led to a rift with the recently rehabbed starlet, Justin decided to make a public declaration of schmoopiness (and insult her with a "princess" label, to boot).
So, how did that work out?
Gomez wasn't won over, says TMZ, which claims "she laughed out loud when she saw it, saying it was stupid and childish." Word is, she won't be taken in by Bieber's "old tricks anymore" and is "exercising her rehab knowledge and slamming the door shut on any future relationship."
You'll recall that three years ago, Bieber, 20, and Gomez, 21, attended the Vanity Fair party together, walking the red carpet in coordinating outfits and sharing many an adoring look.
Selena was most recently seen hanging out with One Direction-er Niall Horan, while Justin has been spied with a string of top-heavy model types.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite