- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 13
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 13
- Photo: Miami Beach Police/.4 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/TCA 2011/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: SC2/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: David Rowland/Rex/Rex USA10 of 13
- Photo: Instagram11 of 13
- Photo: Canham/Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Note to anyone contemplating a grand romantic gesture over social media: Don't do it, because it'll most likely backfire. Case in point: Justin Bieber's apparently unsuccessful attempt to woo ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez with a misty-eyed Instagram posting.
"Most elegant princess in the world," he gushed on Monday alongside a pair of photos showing Selena posing in a gold Pucci gown at the post-Oscars Vanity Fair bash.
So, to boil it down: Instead of, say, making a concerted effort to curb some of the troubling habits that supposedly led to a rift with the recently rehabbed starlet, Justin decided to make a public declaration of schmoopiness (and insult her with a "princess" label, to boot).
So, how did that work out?
Gomez wasn't won over, says TMZ, which claims "she laughed out loud when she saw it, saying it was stupid and childish." Word is, she won't be taken in by Bieber's "old tricks anymore" and is "exercising her rehab knowledge and slamming the door shut on any future relationship."
You'll recall that three years ago, Bieber, 20, and Gomez, 21, attended the Vanity Fair party together, walking the red carpet in coordinating outfits and sharing many an adoring look.
Selena was most recently seen hanging out with One Direction-er Niall Horan, while Justin has been spied with a string of top-heavy model types.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite