- Photo: Getty Images/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America2 of 12
- Photo: Jerome Davis/LE/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: starsurf/Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: Apega/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com10 of 12
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
By Kat Giantis
The best way to bounce back from a fizzled marriage: act like a big tease with the rumor mill. Katy Perry spent part of Super Bowl weekend in Indianapolis poking fun at tabloid reports claiming her evangelical parents have been trying to fix her up with faith-based football star Tim Tebow.
On Saturday night, the popster took the stage for her first U.S. concert since her split from Russell Brand, and she made a pointed dedication while performing at DIRECTV's Sixth Annual Celebrity Beach Bowl.
"This one goes out to Tim Tebow," she announced, as she began belting out her oh-so-subtle, single-entendre song "Peacock" (sample lyrics, which are enough to embarrass even the most strapping virgin: "Word on the street / You have something to show me / Come on baby let me see / What you're hiding underneath / Are you brave enough to let me see your peacock?").
Perry, 27, offered the Denver Broncos quarterback, 24, another shout-out earlier in the evening during the star-packed NFL Honors Ceremony. She was there to present an award to Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, but took a minute give a nod to Tebow, who was sitting in the front row.
"Hi, Tim," said Katy. "My parents say hi."
But while the singer was making the NFL-er blush, he apparently had his eye trained in another direction.
According to the New York Post, Tebow ignored "hordes of cocktail dress-clad ladies" at an ESPN bash on Friday night to focus on "Extra" host Maria Menounos, 33, who did a Tebow impression in her couture gown while working the red carpet at last month's Golden Globes Awards.
"He only seemed to have eyes [for her]," relays a snitch, adding that the pair chitchatted for over an hour. "It looked quite flirtatious. They were taking pictures Tebowing together."
And the Chicago Sun-Times says that during the bash, Tebow was overheard gushing of Menounos, "Wow! She's not only gorgeous, she's really sweet, too."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite