- Photo: Getty Images North America1 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Heather Lang/.3 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Gibbings Jewelry/Pacific Coast News4 of 14
- Photo: Instagram5 of 14
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet7 of 14
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 14
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet9 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 14
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet12 of 14
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Alan Thicke Reality Sitcom to Get 14-Episode Run on TV Guide NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:56:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex' Casts Keke Palmer for Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:52:00 AM
- Neil Young Shatters Pono Music Kickstarter Goal in One DayMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:41:00 AM
- Biblical Scholar on 'Noah' Script: 'Anti-Human, Pro-Environmental PolemicMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:39:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More Seasons
By Kat Giantis
Several years ago, John Mayer revealed his wish list for his future wife, citing her would-be favorite phrases ("no complaints" and "I understand") and sparkling personality: "When I find the person I can relate to on that level and who is also a pinup and who also says, 'Can I please take pictures of your [butt]?' then I am going to get married to her. That I can promise you."
Dubious reports originating from a British tabloid claim the crooner recently tried to lock down the popster by asking her to be his (first) wife. But the question-popping didn't go over as planned, because it supposedly elicited a big "nope" from his intended.
"John's proposal really unnerved Katy," a source alleges to Grazia magazine (aka Grain of Salt Weekly) "Even though they have discussed it, she thought it was too soon. John was gutted."
According to the tab, Perry answered in the negative because she's still smarting from her short-lived marriage to Russell Brand.
"Katy loves John, but doesn't feel she has had enough healing time since her divorce," continues the spy. "She told him she just needed a bit more time to feel whole in herself again. … John won't run from Katy again. He knows his bad-boy reputation and what happened with Russell hurt Katy, and he'll do whatever it takes to show he's the one she should marry."
You'll recall that Mayer gave Perry a heart-shaped ruby ring back in February, but denied at the time that it signified an engagement.
So, what of this latest round of betrothal talk? Looks like it's equally suspect, because an insider hints to Wonderwall that Grazia's proposal tale is so much tabloid fiction.
"They sat at the actual bar and chatted with other patrons," relays an eyewitness. "They were very friendly and low-key."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite