- Photo: Getty Images North America1 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Heather Lang/.3 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Gibbings Jewelry/Pacific Coast News4 of 14
- Photo: Instagram5 of 14
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet7 of 14
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 14
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet9 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 14
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet12 of 14
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
By Kat Giantis
Several years ago, John Mayer revealed his wish list for his future wife, citing her would-be favorite phrases ("no complaints" and "I understand") and sparkling personality: "When I find the person I can relate to on that level and who is also a pinup and who also says, 'Can I please take pictures of your [butt]?' then I am going to get married to her. That I can promise you."
Dubious reports originating from a British tabloid claim the crooner recently tried to lock down the popster by asking her to be his (first) wife. But the question-popping didn't go over as planned, because it supposedly elicited a big "nope" from his intended.
"John's proposal really unnerved Katy," a source alleges to Grazia magazine (aka Grain of Salt Weekly) "Even though they have discussed it, she thought it was too soon. John was gutted."
According to the tab, Perry answered in the negative because she's still smarting from her short-lived marriage to Russell Brand.
"Katy loves John, but doesn't feel she has had enough healing time since her divorce," continues the spy. "She told him she just needed a bit more time to feel whole in herself again. … John won't run from Katy again. He knows his bad-boy reputation and what happened with Russell hurt Katy, and he'll do whatever it takes to show he's the one she should marry."
You'll recall that Mayer gave Perry a heart-shaped ruby ring back in February, but denied at the time that it signified an engagement.
So, what of this latest round of betrothal talk? Looks like it's equally suspect, because an insider hints to Wonderwall that Grazia's proposal tale is so much tabloid fiction.
"They sat at the actual bar and chatted with other patrons," relays an eyewitness. "They were very friendly and low-key."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite