- Photo: Getty Images North America1 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Heather Lang/.3 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Gibbings Jewelry/Pacific Coast News4 of 14
- Photo: Instagram5 of 14
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet7 of 14
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 14
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet9 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 14
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet12 of 14
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
By Kat Giantis
Several years ago, John Mayer revealed his wish list for his future wife, citing her would-be favorite phrases ("no complaints" and "I understand") and sparkling personality: "When I find the person I can relate to on that level and who is also a pinup and who also says, 'Can I please take pictures of your [butt]?' then I am going to get married to her. That I can promise you."
Dubious reports originating from a British tabloid claim the crooner recently tried to lock down the popster by asking her to be his (first) wife. But the question-popping didn't go over as planned, because it supposedly elicited a big "nope" from his intended.
"John's proposal really unnerved Katy," a source alleges to Grazia magazine (aka Grain of Salt Weekly) "Even though they have discussed it, she thought it was too soon. John was gutted."
According to the tab, Perry answered in the negative because she's still smarting from her short-lived marriage to Russell Brand.
"Katy loves John, but doesn't feel she has had enough healing time since her divorce," continues the spy. "She told him she just needed a bit more time to feel whole in herself again. … John won't run from Katy again. He knows his bad-boy reputation and what happened with Russell hurt Katy, and he'll do whatever it takes to show he's the one she should marry."
You'll recall that Mayer gave Perry a heart-shaped ruby ring back in February, but denied at the time that it signified an engagement.
So, what of this latest round of betrothal talk? Looks like it's equally suspect, because an insider hints to Wonderwall that Grazia's proposal tale is so much tabloid fiction.
"They sat at the actual bar and chatted with other patrons," relays an eyewitness. "They were very friendly and low-key."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBreeding Hubby
From Crowd Ignite