Katy Perry's Post-VMAs Meet-Up With John Mayer: Kissing, Cuddling and Quarreling?Related: Hot Gossip, Romance Report, John Mayer, Katy Perry
At this point, Katy Perry and John Mayer don't have a whole lot invested in their relationship: a couple months, some pool party PDA, hanging at a music festival. And in that short time, they've already suffered through one rumored split. Now, there's another sign of imminent doom, specifically, a public spat.
After Katy wrapped up her girl-time with BFF Rihanna at the MTV Video Music Awards on Thursday night, she rendezvoused with John for a romantic dinner and an afterparty.
After chowing down on Italian at hot spot Madeo (and exiting the eatery holding hands), they headed to an Esquire-sponsored House of Hype bash at the Beverly Hills Hotel. All reportedly seemed fine when they arrived (even if they looked a little depressed in the limo), with the popster, still sporting the Elie Saab gown from the VMA red carpet, even receiving a helping hand from her accommodating beau with the dragging hemline of her couture.
But their good mood apparently faded once they were seated inside.
The London Daily Mail says the night took a turn when Perry ordered a bottle of whiskey for their 10-person table. The "air between the couple grew incredibly tense," alleges the tab, and Mayer was spotted "trying to calm" Katy down.
The situation supposedly escalated to the point where they took it to a private area, where it was soon defused (at least one insider says there was no fight at all, and John simply wanted some quiet, one-on-one time with his squeeze).
By the end of the night, Katy, 27, and John, 34, were back to "kissing and cuddling," a spy tells Wonderwall.
Despite the romantic red flags a-flying, the pair have apparently reached an understanding about keeping things casual, which Us Weekly reports they worked out via text and email (oh, those sentimental fools).
Says an insider, "She told him she just wants to have fun."
Adds a Katy confidant to People, "I won't save the date for a wedding."
- 7 Wonders for May 24, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 23, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 22, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 21, 2013
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite