- Photo: Ferry de Kok/BSPSYNDICATION/StarTraks1 of 15
- Photo: Instagram2 of 15
- Photo: Josephine Santos, PacificCoastNe/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 15
- Photo: Littlemonsters.com/Promotional4 of 15
- Photo: Lady Gaga, 'You and I' video/Promotional5 of 15
- Photo: RGK/Pacific Coast News6 of 15
- Photo: ABUS/GSI7 of 15
- Photo: Jonathan Leibson/Getty Images North America8 of 15
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA9 of 15
- Photo: Wire Image/Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: INB/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images/Splash News12 of 15
- Photo: AB1/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
By Kat Giantis
We've detested many celebrity trends over the years, from trucker hats to UGGs to feigning surprise at awards shows. Now we have a new one to add to the list: declaring submission to one's partner. On the heels of similar statements from Shakira and Candace Cameron Bure, Lady Gaga claims she kowtows to her boyfriend, actor Taylor Kinney.
In an interview on Sirius XM's "Morning Mash Up," the popster was asked if she's "submissive" to her easy-on-the-eyes squeeze, 32. Instead of responding with a reasonable, "What an insulting and personal question. What, did you just read 'Fifty Shades of Grey' or something?" she opens a window into the dynamic of their nearly three-year romance.
"Yes, actually," said Lady G, 27. "He's totally in charge. I mean, when I am home, I am, like, shoes are off, I'm making him dinner. He has a job, too, and he is really busy!"
Which would seem all the more reason for their roles to be equal in the relationship. But she doesn't see it that way.
"I'm in charge all day long, the last thing I want to do is tell him what to do," explains Gaga, who apparently doesn't realize there's a middle ground to be had. "It's not good for relationships to tell men what to do, female listeners who are out there."
Those female listeners might want to think twice before they take advice from a woman who considers filet mignon a fashion statement and believes that she's expressing herself artistically by getting vomited upon. Also, it's usually not good for relationships when either partner tries to control the other, or when the balance of power swings in only one direction, but hey, to each his or her own.
Bure, you'll recall, recently took time out from her "Dancing With the Stars" training to explain the "submissive role" she described in her book, "Balancing It All: My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose."
"The definition I'm using with the word 'submissive' is the biblical definition of that," she said. "So, it is meekness, it is not weakness. It is strength under control, it is bridled strength. And that's what I choose to have in my marriage."
In the tome, she called her husband "a natural-born leader. I quickly learned that I had to find a way of honoring his take-charge personality and not get frustrated about his desire to have the final decision on just about everything. I am not a passive person, but I chose to fall into a more submissive role in our relationship because I wanted to do everything in my power to make my marriage and family work."
Shakira, meanwhile, recently admitted that she needed boyfriend Gerard Pique's permission to shoot a sexy video with Rihanna.
"He's very territorial," she told Billboard earlier this month. "Since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women. … It's more than implied in our relationship that I can't do videos like I used to. It's out of the question, which I like, by the way. I like that he protects his turf and he values me, in a way that the only person that he would ever let graze my thigh would be Rihanna."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite