Mariah and Nick Renew Vows, Bless TwinsRelated: Hot Gossip, Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: Mariah Carey/mac21/Life&Style.com/Promotional2 of 8
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: MariahCarey/Twitter4 of 8
- Photo: Mariah Carey's Twitter/.5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
As we wait breathlessly for Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon to announce the names of their twins (ohpleaseohplease let them be Double Reignbeaux and Unicorn Glittery Butterfly), the newly minted parents have gone ahead and reaffirmed their commitment to each another.
On Sunday, one day after welcoming a son and a daughter, Mariah, 42, and Nick, 30, stuck to tradition by renewing their wedding vows to mark their third anniversary, an inspiring accomplishment considering that many (ahem) figured their whirlwind romance wouldn't last more than a few months.
This year's ceremony took place at a Los Angeles hospital with Rev. Al Sharpton officiating.
"Yep, we just had a wedding in the hospital," Cannon tweeted on Sunday night. "Thank you to [Rev. Sharpton], who came all the way to the hospital to renew me and the wife's vows and pray with our children."
Sharpton appeared pleased as punch to be part of the festivities.
"I am so moved by the sincere spiritual commitment of Mariah and Nick. They have not let success separate them from GOD. I am so proud," he tweeted. "I also conducted the renewal of their vows and the blessing of the newborn twins."
Sayeth the Sharpton, "Mariah looks GREAT, and the babies are beautiful."
Her hubby, however, felt the pressure, and he started walking her to the wrong section of the hospital. A nurse directed them to the maternity ward.
"It was like right out of an 'I Love Lucy' skit," Mariah's rep told the AP.
Carey and Cannon's baby girl debuted first, weighing in at 5 pounds, 3 ounces and measuring 18 inches long; their son weighed in a 5 pounds 6 ounces and measured 19 inches long.
"My wife just gave me the most incredible anniversary gift ever in life!" an elated Nick tweeted. "I won't ever be able to top this!"
But they did commemorate their double happiness by listening to Mariah's "We Belong Together."
Meanwhile, shortly before the birth, the couple enjoyed a "babymoon" with friends at the Terranea Resort in Palos Verdes, Calif., where Mariah took in the scenery.
"As my fans know, I love the ocean, and I love dolphins," she told Life & Style. "But I never dreamed I'd be sitting fireside in a copper tub watching schools of wild dolphins passing by throughout the day!"
Anyone else now hoping at least one of the tots is named Flipper Pacific? Us, too.
RELATED VIDEO: Nick's anniversary joy
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite