- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: Mariah Carey/mac21/Life&Style.com/Promotional2 of 8
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: MariahCarey/Twitter4 of 8
- Photo: Mariah Carey's Twitter/.5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Join 'Veep' Star Tony Hale for Live Emmy Nominee Q&AMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 2:09:00 PM
- The Black List Brings Back Cassian Elwes Independent Screenwriting FellowshipMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 1:08:00 PM
- Suspect Featured on John Walsh's CNN's Show 'The Hunt' Killed DuMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 1:06:00 PM
- Jay Leno Returning to NBC as 'Last Comic Standing' MentorMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Why Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Strikes Blow for Women With Kick-Butt BoxMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 12:13:00 PM
- Join 'Veep' Star Tony Hale for Live Emmy Nominee Q&A
By Kat Giantis
As we wait breathlessly for Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon to announce the names of their twins (ohpleaseohplease let them be Double Reignbeaux and Unicorn Glittery Butterfly), the newly minted parents have gone ahead and reaffirmed their commitment to each another.
On Sunday, one day after welcoming a son and a daughter, Mariah, 42, and Nick, 30, stuck to tradition by renewing their wedding vows to mark their third anniversary, an inspiring accomplishment considering that many (ahem) figured their whirlwind romance wouldn't last more than a few months.
This year's ceremony took place at a Los Angeles hospital with Rev. Al Sharpton officiating.
"Yep, we just had a wedding in the hospital," Cannon tweeted on Sunday night. "Thank you to [Rev. Sharpton], who came all the way to the hospital to renew me and the wife's vows and pray with our children."
Sharpton appeared pleased as punch to be part of the festivities.
"I am so moved by the sincere spiritual commitment of Mariah and Nick. They have not let success separate them from GOD. I am so proud," he tweeted. "I also conducted the renewal of their vows and the blessing of the newborn twins."
Sayeth the Sharpton, "Mariah looks GREAT, and the babies are beautiful."
Her hubby, however, felt the pressure, and he started walking her to the wrong section of the hospital. A nurse directed them to the maternity ward.
"It was like right out of an 'I Love Lucy' skit," Mariah's rep told the AP.
Carey and Cannon's baby girl debuted first, weighing in at 5 pounds, 3 ounces and measuring 18 inches long; their son weighed in a 5 pounds 6 ounces and measured 19 inches long.
"My wife just gave me the most incredible anniversary gift ever in life!" an elated Nick tweeted. "I won't ever be able to top this!"
But they did commemorate their double happiness by listening to Mariah's "We Belong Together."
Meanwhile, shortly before the birth, the couple enjoyed a "babymoon" with friends at the Terranea Resort in Palos Verdes, Calif., where Mariah took in the scenery.
"As my fans know, I love the ocean, and I love dolphins," she told Life & Style. "But I never dreamed I'd be sitting fireside in a copper tub watching schools of wild dolphins passing by throughout the day!"
Anyone else now hoping at least one of the tots is named Flipper Pacific? Us, too.
RELATED VIDEO: Nick's anniversary joy
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite