- Photo: Mark Davis/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Fern/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 12
- Photo: Facebook/Promotional5 of 12
- Photo: BOA/Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: RAH/ZOJ/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/JTA for Sawfoto.com/.8 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby Girl
Like most 19-year-olds, Miley Cyrus is wrestling with some weighty philosophical issues. Unlike most 19-year-olds, when she shares her thoughts, millions listen.
"How can people take the love out of science and bring hate into religion so easily?" she tweeted to her 5 million-plus followers on Tuesday. "It makes me sad to think the world is this way. Like Einstein says, 'Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.'"
Miley was responding to the backlash from her recent tweet quoting theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss. In her tweet, she posted a photo with a caption reading, in part: "You are all stardust. You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded, because the elements (the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, all the things that matter for evolution) weren't created at the beginning of time, they were created in stars. So forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live."
For trying to bridge the logical and dogmatic (the logmatic?) and taking a stand what she believes, Miley was quickly labeled "anti-Christian," with one person fuming, "You seriously believe that crap? It's so ridiculously stupid. Go to hell."
What do you think of Miley's deep thoughts? Tell us in the comments ...
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite