- Photo: Mark Davis/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Fern/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 12
- Photo: Facebook/Promotional5 of 12
- Photo: BOA/Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: RAH/ZOJ/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/JTA for Sawfoto.com/.8 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Top 20 TV Ratings: Newbies 'Mysteries of Laura,' 'Madam Secretary&apoMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 1:35:00 PM
- Charlie Sheen Plans 'Two and a Half Men' Return: 'I Owe It to the Fans&amMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 1:01:00 PM
- Cinematography Awards Go to John Bailey TwiceMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:50:00 PM
- Zach Knighton, Isabelle McNally Wrap Unromantic Comedy 'The Big Spoon'MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:40:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Newspaper Ending Operations After Just 5 MonthsMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:25:00 PM
- Top 20 TV Ratings: Newbies 'Mysteries of Laura,' 'Madam Secretary&apo
Like most 19-year-olds, Miley Cyrus is wrestling with some weighty philosophical issues. Unlike most 19-year-olds, when she shares her thoughts, millions listen.
"How can people take the love out of science and bring hate into religion so easily?" she tweeted to her 5 million-plus followers on Tuesday. "It makes me sad to think the world is this way. Like Einstein says, 'Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.'"
Miley was responding to the backlash from her recent tweet quoting theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss. In her tweet, she posted a photo with a caption reading, in part: "You are all stardust. You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded, because the elements (the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, all the things that matter for evolution) weren't created at the beginning of time, they were created in stars. So forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live."
For trying to bridge the logical and dogmatic (the logmatic?) and taking a stand what she believes, Miley was quickly labeled "anti-Christian," with one person fuming, "You seriously believe that crap? It's so ridiculously stupid. Go to hell."
What do you think of Miley's deep thoughts? Tell us in the comments ...
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite