- Photo: Mark Davis/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Fern/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 12
- Photo: Facebook/Promotional5 of 12
- Photo: BOA/Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: RAH/ZOJ/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/JTA for Sawfoto.com/.8 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Like most 19-year-olds, Miley Cyrus is wrestling with some weighty philosophical issues. Unlike most 19-year-olds, when she shares her thoughts, millions listen.
"How can people take the love out of science and bring hate into religion so easily?" she tweeted to her 5 million-plus followers on Tuesday. "It makes me sad to think the world is this way. Like Einstein says, 'Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.'"
Miley was responding to the backlash from her recent tweet quoting theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss. In her tweet, she posted a photo with a caption reading, in part: "You are all stardust. You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded, because the elements (the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, all the things that matter for evolution) weren't created at the beginning of time, they were created in stars. So forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live."
For trying to bridge the logical and dogmatic (the logmatic?) and taking a stand what she believes, Miley was quickly labeled "anti-Christian," with one person fuming, "You seriously believe that crap? It's so ridiculously stupid. Go to hell."
What do you think of Miley's deep thoughts? Tell us in the comments ...
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite