- Photo: Mark Davis/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Fern/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 12
- Photo: Facebook/Promotional5 of 12
- Photo: BOA/Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: RAH/ZOJ/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/JTA for Sawfoto.com/.8 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Like most 19-year-olds, Miley Cyrus is wrestling with some weighty philosophical issues. Unlike most 19-year-olds, when she shares her thoughts, millions listen.
"How can people take the love out of science and bring hate into religion so easily?" she tweeted to her 5 million-plus followers on Tuesday. "It makes me sad to think the world is this way. Like Einstein says, 'Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.'"
Miley was responding to the backlash from her recent tweet quoting theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss. In her tweet, she posted a photo with a caption reading, in part: "You are all stardust. You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded, because the elements (the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, all the things that matter for evolution) weren't created at the beginning of time, they were created in stars. So forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live."
For trying to bridge the logical and dogmatic (the logmatic?) and taking a stand what she believes, Miley was quickly labeled "anti-Christian," with one person fuming, "You seriously believe that crap? It's so ridiculously stupid. Go to hell."
What do you think of Miley's deep thoughts? Tell us in the comments ...
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite