Miley Cyrus Quotes Einstein, Tries to Reconcile Science and ReligionRelated: Hot Gossip, Miley Cyrus
- Photo: Mark Davis/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Fern/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 12
- Photo: Facebook/Promotional5 of 12
- Photo: BOA/Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: RAH/ZOJ/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/JTA for Sawfoto.com/.8 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP9 of 12
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Storage Wars' Star Brandi Passante Gets Pittance in Porn Video LawsuitMSNEntertainment 6/17/2013 4:58:31 PM
- Can 'House of Cards' Stage a Bar-B-Coup at the Emmys?MSNEntertainment 6/17/2013 4:40:52 PM
- Warner Music Group Intern Wants Money for All That Coffee BrewingMSNEntertainment 6/17/2013 4:34:54 PM
- Universal Extends Licensing President Stephanie Sperber Through 2016MSNEntertainment 6/17/2013 4:32:02 PM
- 'Prometheus 2' Moving Forward With 'Transcendence' Writer Jack PMSNEntertainment 6/17/2013 4:21:29 PM
- 'Storage Wars' Star Brandi Passante Gets Pittance in Porn Video Lawsuit
Like most 19-year-olds, Miley Cyrus is wrestling with some weighty philosophical issues. Unlike most 19-year-olds, when she shares her thoughts, millions listen.
"How can people take the love out of science and bring hate into religion so easily?" she tweeted to her 5 million-plus followers on Tuesday. "It makes me sad to think the world is this way. Like Einstein says, 'Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.'"
Miley was responding to the backlash from her recent tweet quoting theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss. In her tweet, she posted a photo with a caption reading, in part: "You are all stardust. You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded, because the elements (the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, all the things that matter for evolution) weren't created at the beginning of time, they were created in stars. So forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live."
For trying to bridge the logical and dogmatic (the logmatic?) and taking a stand what she believes, Miley was quickly labeled "anti-Christian," with one person fuming, "You seriously believe that crap? It's so ridiculously stupid. Go to hell."
What do you think of Miley's deep thoughts? Tell us in the comments ...
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite