- Photo: Miguel/Fame Flynet1 of 13
- Photo: VEM/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 13
- Photo: Twitter5 of 13
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks6 of 13
- Photo: Pheed.com/.7 of 13
- Photo: @MileyCyrus/Twitter8 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks10 of 13
- Photo: St. Clair/Macca/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: HD1/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
By Kat Giantis
When Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth got engaged last June, the general reaction was less "mazel tov!" and more "Yeah, good luck with that." And after months of rift rumors, and some hedge-betting by no less than Miley's dad, the drumbeat of doom is growing ever louder for the lovebirds.
A week after Life & Style claimed the capricious couple had postponed a planned summer wedding to "work out their issues," People has echoed the purported "I do" delay, reporting that Miley, 20, and Liam, 23, have come to the same conclusion as everyone else: They should hold off getting hitched.
"They want to figure out their life together before they get married," explains an insider. "They're still engaged and living together. They just realized that there is no rush with the wedding, and that it's better that they wait a bit."
Translation: Perhaps it might be a good idea for the bride to be able to drink champagne legally before committing to forever.
The "Last Song" twosome have been dating off-and-on for more than three years, but the romance reportedly hit the skids in March amid talk that the actor cozied up to January Jones at an Oscars bash. He took off for an extended visit with family in his native Australia, while his inhale-happy fiancée stepped out sans her hefty engagement ring.
By the time Hemsworth returned to their Los Angeles home, the sparkler was back on Cyrus' finger, and she was insisting the nuptials were still a go.
This week, Billy Ray Cyrus sidestepped questions on whether he was worried about his daughter walking down the aisle before she can, say, rent a car.
"Now, as far as when they get married or if they get married, that's not my ball game," evaded the "Achy Breaky" warbler, who is out promoting his book, "Hillbilly Heart." "They'll figure that out themselves."
Still, it sounds like he made their betrothal as awkward as possible, especially when Hemsworth asked for his permission.
"He's got a really sweet side to him and he came in. They had the big rock," recalls Billy Ray to "Access Hollywood." "They [were] all bashful about it and then said, 'Hey, look at this.' And Miley was showin' that ring, and Liam kind of [said] a little something to me -- it was kind of the professional question, and I jokingly [said], 'Can I be in your brother's next movie?' And then I said, 'No, I'm joking.'"
If Miley and Liam do end up tying the knot, expect Chris Hemsworth to give Billy Ray a wide berth at the reception.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite