Nickelsmack: Chad Kroeger disses Avril Lavigne's ex-husband for Halloween costume taunt
- Photo: Twitter1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: CMA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: Hello! Canada/.5 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 16
- Photo: AR4/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
By Kat Giantis
In what will surely be the winner of lamest feud ever between Canadian rockers you actively dislike and/or are indifferent to, Avril Lavigne's current and former loves had a dustup over the weekend.
It all started when her ex-husband, Sum 41's Deryck Whibley (also known as the short guitarist from your favorite band in eighth grade) seemingly decided to dress up as his former missus for Halloween, complete with a twee hoodie and a blond wig with multicolored strands.
At his side was girlfriend Ari Cooper, decked out in a goatee, peroxide locks and a beer cup labeled "Chad" to channel Avril's fiancé, Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger.
What should have ended with Whibley and Cooper evaluating what went wrong in their lives to take them to this sad, pitiable place instead headed into absurd territory when Kroeger actually responded to the picture.
"Hey Deryck loved the costumes!" he tweeted. "We were going to dress up as you guys this year but all the parties had celebrity themes haha!"
Dissed by the guy responsible for foisting "Rockstar" on the world? That's gotta smart. Being in Nickelback? That's gotta smart even worse. Being forced to look at Nickelback's Twitter feed? Well, the joke's on us, now, isn't it?
Lavigne split with Whibley in 2009 after three years of marriage. "We've been friends for a really long time," she told Ryan Seacrest in 2010, "and we always will be family."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite