Nickelsmack: Chad Kroeger disses Avril Lavigne's ex-husband for Halloween costume taunt
- Photo: Twitter1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: CMA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: Hello! Canada/.5 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 16
- Photo: AR4/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'Arrow' Casts 'Spartacus' Nick Tarabay as DC Supervillain CaptaiMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:58:00 PM
- Michael Jackson Hologram Case Escalates to Restraining Order Over Hitler PictureMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy's New Reason for Ouster from 'The View:' She's ToMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:58:00 PM
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere RatingsMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star
By Kat Giantis
In what will surely be the winner of lamest feud ever between Canadian rockers you actively dislike and/or are indifferent to, Avril Lavigne's current and former loves had a dustup over the weekend.
It all started when her ex-husband, Sum 41's Deryck Whibley (also known as the short guitarist from your favorite band in eighth grade) seemingly decided to dress up as his former missus for Halloween, complete with a twee hoodie and a blond wig with multicolored strands.
At his side was girlfriend Ari Cooper, decked out in a goatee, peroxide locks and a beer cup labeled "Chad" to channel Avril's fiancé, Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger.
What should have ended with Whibley and Cooper evaluating what went wrong in their lives to take them to this sad, pitiable place instead headed into absurd territory when Kroeger actually responded to the picture.
"Hey Deryck loved the costumes!" he tweeted. "We were going to dress up as you guys this year but all the parties had celebrity themes haha!"
Dissed by the guy responsible for foisting "Rockstar" on the world? That's gotta smart. Being in Nickelback? That's gotta smart even worse. Being forced to look at Nickelback's Twitter feed? Well, the joke's on us, now, isn't it?
Lavigne split with Whibley in 2009 after three years of marriage. "We've been friends for a really long time," she told Ryan Seacrest in 2010, "and we always will be family."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite