Nickelsmack: Chad Kroeger disses Avril Lavigne's ex-husband for Halloween costume taunt
- Photo: Twitter1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: CMA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: Hello! Canada/.5 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 16
- Photo: AR4/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
By Kat Giantis
In what will surely be the winner of lamest feud ever between Canadian rockers you actively dislike and/or are indifferent to, Avril Lavigne's current and former loves had a dustup over the weekend.
It all started when her ex-husband, Sum 41's Deryck Whibley (also known as the short guitarist from your favorite band in eighth grade) seemingly decided to dress up as his former missus for Halloween, complete with a twee hoodie and a blond wig with multicolored strands.
At his side was girlfriend Ari Cooper, decked out in a goatee, peroxide locks and a beer cup labeled "Chad" to channel Avril's fiancé, Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger.
What should have ended with Whibley and Cooper evaluating what went wrong in their lives to take them to this sad, pitiable place instead headed into absurd territory when Kroeger actually responded to the picture.
"Hey Deryck loved the costumes!" he tweeted. "We were going to dress up as you guys this year but all the parties had celebrity themes haha!"
Dissed by the guy responsible for foisting "Rockstar" on the world? That's gotta smart. Being in Nickelback? That's gotta smart even worse. Being forced to look at Nickelback's Twitter feed? Well, the joke's on us, now, isn't it?
Lavigne split with Whibley in 2009 after three years of marriage. "We've been friends for a really long time," she told Ryan Seacrest in 2010, "and we always will be family."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite