Nickelsmack: Chad Kroeger disses Avril Lavigne's ex-husband for Halloween costume taunt
- Photo: Twitter1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: CMA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: Hello! Canada/.5 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 16
- Photo: AR4/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- 'Bad Words' Review: Jason Bateman's Directorial Debut Exhilarates Until IMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Newsweek Bitcoin Writer Fires Back at Tina Brown: 'I Have A Problem' With Her CommMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 6:50:00 PM
- The Best. Baseball Movie. Ever (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 5:54:00 PM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban So
By Kat Giantis
In what will surely be the winner of lamest feud ever between Canadian rockers you actively dislike and/or are indifferent to, Avril Lavigne's current and former loves had a dustup over the weekend.
It all started when her ex-husband, Sum 41's Deryck Whibley (also known as the short guitarist from your favorite band in eighth grade) seemingly decided to dress up as his former missus for Halloween, complete with a twee hoodie and a blond wig with multicolored strands.
At his side was girlfriend Ari Cooper, decked out in a goatee, peroxide locks and a beer cup labeled "Chad" to channel Avril's fiancé, Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger.
What should have ended with Whibley and Cooper evaluating what went wrong in their lives to take them to this sad, pitiable place instead headed into absurd territory when Kroeger actually responded to the picture.
"Hey Deryck loved the costumes!" he tweeted. "We were going to dress up as you guys this year but all the parties had celebrity themes haha!"
Dissed by the guy responsible for foisting "Rockstar" on the world? That's gotta smart. Being in Nickelback? That's gotta smart even worse. Being forced to look at Nickelback's Twitter feed? Well, the joke's on us, now, isn't it?
Lavigne split with Whibley in 2009 after three years of marriage. "We've been friends for a really long time," she told Ryan Seacrest in 2010, "and we always will be family."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Katy Perry and John Mayer to Paula Patton and Robin Thicke, get the scoop on all the breakups in Hollywood.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the rumors surrounding Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite