- Photo: Ben Rector/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: ABD/ZDS/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: MKC/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Photo Press Belfast/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: Peter Morrison/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Splash News10 of 17
- Photo: Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Pictures16 of 17
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
By Kat Giantis
Just days after Rihanna tweeted about a confrontation she had with a tighty-whities-clad bigot at a hotel in Portugal, she's taking a stand over another prejudiced party. On Monday, the Barbadian chanteuse slammed the editor of popular Dutch fashion magazine Jackie, which published an article that referred to her with a combined racist and sexist term, mashing together the n-word and the b-word.
Feel free to take a moment to slam your head on your desk and wonder if the world really is going to end in 2012.
The piece, translated by Parlour magazine, which also has a screenshot, is accompanied by a photo of Rihanna and is execrable in every way.
"Rihanna, the good girl gone bad, is the ultimate [n-word][b-word]," it reads, before implying that she's from Jamaica and casually calling her caboose a "ghetto a--."
RiRi was not pleased.
"I hope u can read english," she railed to Jackie Editor-in-Chief Eva Hoeke on Twitter, "because your magazine is a poor representation of the evolution of human rights! I find you disrespectful, and rather desperate!! You ran out of legit, civilized information to print!"
Notes Rihanna, "There are 1000's of Dutch girls who would love to be recognized for their contributions to your country, you could have given them an article. Instead, u paid to print one degrading an entire race! That's your contribution to this world! To encourage segregation, to mislead the future leaders to act in the past!"
And then she really picked up steam.
"You put two words together, with the intent of abasement, that made no sense," the chart-topper fumed. "Well with all respect, on behalf of my race, here are my two words for you ...[BLEEP] YOU!!!"
Best as we can tell, the intent of the Jackie piece was to show moms how to dress their daughters like Rihanna, in "pink shizzle and everything that glitters." (Yes, the word "shizzle" was used, a journalistic crime that should result in prison time.)
The magazine's editor addressed the controversy on Facebook, insisting the "author meant no harm," and the double-whammy slur "was intended as a joke" (because racism is apparently a rich comedy vein to tap).
Acknowledged the editor, "It was naive to think that this was an acceptable form of slang -- you hear it all the time on TV and radio, then your idea of what is normal apparently shifts."
No word on where she's supposedly hearing this term "all the time," or why she doesn't change the channel.
Concluded Hoeke, "We never intended to offend anyone."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite