- Photo: Ben Rector/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: ABD/ZDS/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: MKC/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Photo Press Belfast/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: Peter Morrison/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Splash News10 of 17
- Photo: Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Pictures16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Guardians of the Galaxy Wins Labor Day WeekendMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Nude Photos of Jennifer Lawrence, More Celebs Leaked After Massive Phone HackMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole Returns Deliver 'X Factor UK' Ratings BumpMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Joan Rivers' Daughter Melissa Releases New Statement, Celebs Tweet SupportMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Taylor Swift Joining NBC's 'The Voice' as Guest Mentor (Report)MSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 3:12:00 PM
- Box Office: Guardians of the Galaxy Wins Labor Day Weekend
By Kat Giantis
Just days after Rihanna tweeted about a confrontation she had with a tighty-whities-clad bigot at a hotel in Portugal, she's taking a stand over another prejudiced party. On Monday, the Barbadian chanteuse slammed the editor of popular Dutch fashion magazine Jackie, which published an article that referred to her with a combined racist and sexist term, mashing together the n-word and the b-word.
Feel free to take a moment to slam your head on your desk and wonder if the world really is going to end in 2012.
The piece, translated by Parlour magazine, which also has a screenshot, is accompanied by a photo of Rihanna and is execrable in every way.
"Rihanna, the good girl gone bad, is the ultimate [n-word][b-word]," it reads, before implying that she's from Jamaica and casually calling her caboose a "ghetto a--."
RiRi was not pleased.
"I hope u can read english," she railed to Jackie Editor-in-Chief Eva Hoeke on Twitter, "because your magazine is a poor representation of the evolution of human rights! I find you disrespectful, and rather desperate!! You ran out of legit, civilized information to print!"
Notes Rihanna, "There are 1000's of Dutch girls who would love to be recognized for their contributions to your country, you could have given them an article. Instead, u paid to print one degrading an entire race! That's your contribution to this world! To encourage segregation, to mislead the future leaders to act in the past!"
And then she really picked up steam.
"You put two words together, with the intent of abasement, that made no sense," the chart-topper fumed. "Well with all respect, on behalf of my race, here are my two words for you ...[BLEEP] YOU!!!"
Best as we can tell, the intent of the Jackie piece was to show moms how to dress their daughters like Rihanna, in "pink shizzle and everything that glitters." (Yes, the word "shizzle" was used, a journalistic crime that should result in prison time.)
The magazine's editor addressed the controversy on Facebook, insisting the "author meant no harm," and the double-whammy slur "was intended as a joke" (because racism is apparently a rich comedy vein to tap).
Acknowledged the editor, "It was naive to think that this was an acceptable form of slang -- you hear it all the time on TV and radio, then your idea of what is normal apparently shifts."
No word on where she's supposedly hearing this term "all the time," or why she doesn't change the channel.
Concluded Hoeke, "We never intended to offend anyone."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Ashlee's new fiance on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite