- Photo: WireImage.com1 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: @katyperry/Twitter10 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Tom Hardy Explains His Approach to Acting: 'I See Myself as a Piece of Meat'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:44:00 AM
- Avi Lerner Rips the President for Not Fighting Piracy: 'Obama is Scared of Google'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:35:00 AM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into Quarterly
By Kat Giantis
Warning: Severe eyeball rolling may occur while reading this item. Please take appropriate safety measures. Ready?
OK! (via Hollywood Life) takes the early lead for Dubious Item of the Year honors by claiming Katy Perry, who can probably still smell eau de Russell Brand around her house, is being set up with God-praising NFL superstar Tim Tebow.
Supposedly playing Cupid for this would-be love connection: the popster's evangelical Christian parents, Keith and Mary Hudson, who are currently under fire after reportedly making controversial remarks during a recent church appearance.
"[Katy's] mentioned on more than one occasion how much she likes Tim," asserts a source, seemingly with a straight face. "Katy's mom firmly believes the best cure for heartache is to quickly fall in love again. … In her mind, Tebow is the perfect guy for her daughter. He's handsome, charming, intelligent and, above all, a good Christian."
(Responds every other Christian mother with an eligible daughter: Take a number, Mrs. Hudson.)
According to the mag, Perry's parents have invited the no-nookie-without-marriage-espousing Denver Broncos quarterback to speak at their church (and meet their daughter at the same time), an offer he'd be wise to take a pass on given her father's apparent anti-Semitic statements.
When we contacted the soon-to-be ex Mrs. Brand's rep for comment on whether she would soon be Tebowing, she told us, "I do not comment on Katy's personal life."
And just so we end this item on the same hysterical note on which it began, NFL.com has mocked up an image of what a potential offspring of Katy and Tim might look like. Enjoy.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite