- Photo: WireImage.com1 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: @katyperry/Twitter10 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
By Kat Giantis
Warning: Severe eyeball rolling may occur while reading this item. Please take appropriate safety measures. Ready?
OK! (via Hollywood Life) takes the early lead for Dubious Item of the Year honors by claiming Katy Perry, who can probably still smell eau de Russell Brand around her house, is being set up with God-praising NFL superstar Tim Tebow.
Supposedly playing Cupid for this would-be love connection: the popster's evangelical Christian parents, Keith and Mary Hudson, who are currently under fire after reportedly making controversial remarks during a recent church appearance.
"[Katy's] mentioned on more than one occasion how much she likes Tim," asserts a source, seemingly with a straight face. "Katy's mom firmly believes the best cure for heartache is to quickly fall in love again. … In her mind, Tebow is the perfect guy for her daughter. He's handsome, charming, intelligent and, above all, a good Christian."
(Responds every other Christian mother with an eligible daughter: Take a number, Mrs. Hudson.)
According to the mag, Perry's parents have invited the no-nookie-without-marriage-espousing Denver Broncos quarterback to speak at their church (and meet their daughter at the same time), an offer he'd be wise to take a pass on given her father's apparent anti-Semitic statements.
When we contacted the soon-to-be ex Mrs. Brand's rep for comment on whether she would soon be Tebowing, she told us, "I do not comment on Katy's personal life."
And just so we end this item on the same hysterical note on which it began, NFL.com has mocked up an image of what a potential offspring of Katy and Tim might look like. Enjoy.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Bells
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite