- Photo: WENN/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News2 of 11
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Veronica Summers/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
By Kat Giantis
Taylor Swift seems to be having a rough start to 2012. Not only did she lose out on the role of Eponine in the big-screen adaptation of "Les Miserables," but she also missed out on the chance to cozy up to her would-be co-star, Eddie Redmayne, says Us Weekly.
The pair apparently hit it off during the doll-faced chart-topper's audition process.
"They hung out in New York City with the movie's execs," tattles an insider (via Hollywood Life). "And Taylor developed feelings for him fast."
A big part of the actor's appeal (presumably besides his cheekbones): "Taylor loved the image of a British boyfriend," explains the snitch.
Redmayne, 30, was said to be equally smitten, but he decided not to pursue the romance when Swifty didn't get the part (it went to up-and-comer Samantha Barks, who, like Taylor, dated a Jonas Brother). That meant she wouldn't be joining him in London with the rest of the star-packed cast.
"Eddie's not interested in a long-distance relationship," sighs the source. "The elements were against them. It's a shame."
Coincidentally, Swift, 22, surfaced in London late last month, right around the time of her most recent tweet. "Watching tv with my cat while eating Toy Story fruit snacks," she shared. "So basically I'm 80 and 5 at the same time."
You'll recall that little more than a year ago, Swift reportedly got the heave-ho from Jake Gyllenhaal after a few months of awkward, coffee-fueled coupledom.
"She's haunted by that relationship. He totally screwed with her mind," a source told Us last month. "The songs on her next album are intimate and revealing. Some are about Jake."
Redmayne, for his part, was briefly linked to Carey Mulligan in early 2011.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite