- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Ouzounova/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
By Kat Giantis
For anyone still holding out hope that Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon would announce they were just kidding about naming their newborn twins Monroe and Moroccan, the monikers are now set in stone.
According to People, Nick marked Mariah's first-ever Mother's Day by surprising her with a necklace that has the tots' names spelled out in diamonds and sapphires (the mag has a photo, but we suggest you don't stare directly at it without cornea-protecting safety goggles).
No, it's not exactly understated. But it's the perfect present for a glitter-adoring chanteuse whose birth announcement included the fact that she arrived at the maternity ward on April 30 in a ridiculously luxe Rolls-Royce Phantom.
"Nick came in and met with [jeweler-to-the-stars Jason Arasheben of Jason of Beverly Hills] on the Friday after his twins were born," shares a spy. “He was bleary-eyed, looking so tired but so happy -- all smiles, saying he wanted to design something special for Mariah's first Mother's Day. He couldn't wait to surprise her on Sunday."
The M&M bauble, which also includes 14-karat white and rose gold, is valued at around $12,000.
"Nick was really excited about the babies' names and wanted to do a piece with them for Mariah's first Mother's Day,” says Arasheben. "Pink sapphires are bright and bold, and diamonds are always so classic."
And, as Monroe will probably soon learn from her Marilyn-idolizing mom, they're also a girl's best friend.
Mariah isn't the only big name to receive a sparkly reward for spending the last nine months growing a human being.
Rachel Zoe's husband, Rodger Berman, gave her a 10-carat diamond ring ring after they welcomed son Skyler Morrison. And with a rumored price tag of $250,000, the rock makes Nick's present seem comparatively thrifty.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
From Crowd Ignite