- Photo: NGRE/GSI1 of 22
- Photo: HAUS/GSI2 of 22
- Photo: HAUS/GSI3 of 22
- Photo: HAUS/GSI4 of 22
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet5 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet/Bauer-Griffin6 of 22
- Photo: GADE/GSI7 of 22
- Photo: Nick Sadler/StarTraks8 of 22
- Photo: SNAPPER/Bauer-Griffin9 of 22
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin10 of 22
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP11 of 22
- Photo: B. Dowling/WENN12 of 22
- Photo: WENN13 of 22
- Photo: KB4/WENN14 of 22
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP15 of 22
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA16 of 22
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital17 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage18 of 22
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN19 of 22
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN20 of 22
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP21 of 22
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
By Kat Giantis
Katy Perry deserves better than us saying, "We told you so." But, come on, we told you so. As everyone predicted, John Mayer has apparently kicked the popster to the curb and stomped all over her heart after just two or so months of PDA-heavy togetherness.
"She's really upset about it," a source tells Us Weekly, with another adding, "She is making it seem like it wasn't serious with John, but she is hurt."
Another spy tells Radar Online that Mayer, 34, "did a real number" on Perry, 27: "She held off from his advances for the longest time, but he laid on the charm thick and promised her he was a changed man."
The twosome's connection stretches back to 2009, when they flirted up a storm one day before Perry met future ex-husband Russell Brand.
"She eventually gave in, fell head over heels for [John] and then -- yep -- once he had made his conquest, he dumped her," sighs the Radar snitch.
As we clutch our pearls in shock (shock!) at the idea of Mayer acting like a callous Casanova, the pair apparently had a chilly run-in at a mutual pal's party on Tuesday night in Los Angeles.
"Katy stayed in one room the whole night and John stayed in the other, and when they passed each other they both just kept their heads down," says a source. "It was like they had this incredible animosity for each other, and everyone else at the party could feel it. You could cut the atmosphere with a knife. It was all incredibly high school!"
That's quite a change from their behavior on Aug. 4, when they got hands-on during an afternoon pool party.
"They were all over each other in the pool and were not being shy about it," an eyewitness told us. "Katy had her legs wrapped around John in the water, and they were making out in front of everyone."
According to Us Weekly, Perry recently told friends that she was "officially dating John, not just hooking up," while another shared that she "doesn't want to get her heart broken again, but she feels a real connection and wants to see where things go."
She now joins a small but embarrassed club of ladies who have come under the spell of Mayer's seemingly hypnotic musk, alongside the likes of Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson, Taylor Swift and Jennifer Love Hewitt.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite