- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Marcel Thomas/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: Rabbani and Solimene Photography/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Anthony Harvey/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'GuardiaMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:35:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade Before the Wedding MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:09:00 AM
- Wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts HospitalizedMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; BogdanovMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:04:00 AM
- Labor Day Viewing Guide: What to Binge-Watch This Weekend If You're Not Hanging Out With thMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:58:00 PM
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'Guardia
By Kat Giantis
We've always found the best way to work through a potential in-law problem is to badmouth said in-law to TMZ, which is what Steven Tyler's family appears to be doing in the wake of reports that he's engaged to longtime love Erin Brady.
On Monday, Brady, 38, a former tour accountant for Aerosmith, flashed a behemoth sparkler on her all-important finger as she and Tyler, 63, posed with fans at an airport in Hawaii.
A source close to the twice-divorced, rebabbed rocker confirms the engagement to TMZ, although it remains unknown whether he proposed to his girlfriend of seven years during their Christmas getaway to Maui.
Tyler's rep remains mum on the betrothal rumblings, which probably isn't a bad idea given the family fallout.
Seems several members of the Tyler clan are "furious" over the news because they don't care for Brady, telling friends she's "just not nice."
Snipes a source to TMZ, "She's just been mean to the family."
Tyler's fam is also supposedly annoyed that he didn't fill them in on his question-popping plans until after the deed was done, which got their noses bent out of joint.
The disgruntled family members were apparently hoping for a détente with Erin, but now believe that the "American Idol" judge "has only widened the divide" by not running the proposal by them.
No word on which Tyler relations are allegedly annoyed; Steven's daughter, Mia, tweeted a "no comment" when asked about the rumors (by the by, Brady is only four years older than Mia's big sister, Liv).
In a sit-down on "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing on Jan. 1, Tyler and Brady talk about how she persuaded him to settle down.
"I saw how he behaved ... badly," recalled Erin. "But I said, 'Hey listen, if you play it, I'm gonna play it. ... I just want to make that clear to you.' And he didn't really like it when he was on the other side of that scenario."
For Tyler, his goal is simply not "to hurt another human being."
"There was some behavior I am ashamed of and I shouldn't have done," he says. "I don't want to hurt anybody again. For all the divorces I've had, I hurt those girls deeply."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carmen Electra, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite