- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 9
- Photo: Star magazine/Promotional2 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Paul Hiffmeyer/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Charlie Krupa/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Charlie Krupa/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: CAW/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Up the Down Staircase' writer Kaufman dies at 103MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:41:09 PM
- Game of Thrones Casts Red Viper's Brother, Recasts Joffrey's SisterMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:09:00 PM
- Peter Sarsgaard and Mary-Louise Parker Cast in NBC's 'The Slap'MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 1:48:00 PM
- LA Times Reporter Joe Flint Jumps Back to Wall Street JournalMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 1:35:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 4:27 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 1:27:59 PM
- 'Up the Down Staircase' writer Kaufman dies at 103
By Kat Giantis
When fresh celebrity blood is in the water, a tabloid feeding frenzy is never far behind. This week, Christina Aguilera becomes newsstand chum in the wake of her public intoxication arrest, with several glossies piling it on.
The common theme: The beleaguered chanteuse (and mom of 3-year-old Max) is supposedly spiraling downward, causing concern among her inner circle.
First up is Us Weekly, which says Xtina stepped out on March 4 with DUI-busted boyfriend Matthew Rutler for dinner and two bottles of vino at an Italian restaurant in Los Angeles.
This is the same eatery where, three days before, they enjoyed a "wine-drenched feast" before their mug-shot-ending run-in with police.
"She acted as if the arrest never happened," a restaurant spy tells the mag. "When their server offered them dessert, they asked for more wine."
Xtina, whose craptacular start to 2011 has included a National Anthem fumble, an onstage Grammy stumble and a purported Goldilocks moment at Jeremy Renner's birthday party, "seemed tipsy" by the time they left, says the mole. On the plus side, a limo was waiting to take them home.
"She should see the arrest as a wake-up call, but she doesn't," head-shakes an insider. "She doesn't think things are that bad."
But things aren't necessarily good, according to another snitch: "She's nearly fall-down wasted nearly every night."
Us also speculates that Xtina's ostensible "crisis" could create problems in her custody arrangement with soon-to-be ex-husband Jordan Bratman.
Meanwhile, the cover of Star features an unflattering photo of Aguilera and declares that she has hit "rock bottom," claiming she's "lost her confidence" since her October split with Bratman.
"She gets terribly sad ... and she ends up numbing herself with booze and food," alleges a source, with a "concerned pal" adding, "Everyone is worried sick. She needs to get help before something even more serious happens."
Moving on, Life & Style repurposes the rumors that Christina has threatened to fire anyone who tries to talk to her about her "drinking and partying," while In Touch contends that she requires a booze boost before she goes out in order to "be in a good mood."
Then there's Rutler's dad, who swings and misses for Father of the Year honors by chatting with RadarOnline about his son's DUI arrest.
"I just feel bad he got into trouble like this, but it could have happened to anyone," says the elder Rutler. "He really didn't have that much to drink, he just got caught. … Matt was only like .01 over the legal limit... it's not like he was that drunk. There are drugs and gangs running rampant in L.A., and they have a press conference about Matt."
Like the aforementioned unnamed pal, Papa Rutler is "concerned" for both his son and Aguilera.
"I hope everything turns out OK," he says.
So do we.
RELATED: Britney talks Christina
RELATED: Christina through the years
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite