- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 30
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com2 of 30
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage3 of 30
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 30
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 30
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/VF/WireImage6 of 30
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 30
- Photo: Scott Weiner/Retna Ltd.8 of 30
- Photo: Scott D. Smith/Retna Ltd.9 of 30
- Photo: Capo/Splash News10 of 30
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/11 of 30
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage12 of 30
- Photo: AB1/WENN13 of 30
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage14 of 30
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 30
- Photo: Fame Flynet16 of 30
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 30
- Photo: Theron Kirkman/Invision/AP18 of 30
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP19 of 30
- Photo: BJ/Fame Flynet20 of 30
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks21 of 30
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage22 of 30
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage23 of 30
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage24 of 30
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks25 of 30
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet26 of 30
- Photo: Splash News27 of 30
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage28 of 30
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP29 of 30
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
By Kat Giantis
Maybe John Mayer shouldn't have been quite so whiny to Rolling Stone about how Taylor Swift hurt his feelings with her 2010 song "Dear John." The New York Post says the rumored exes had an uncomfortable encounter at the Sunset Tower Hotel in Los Angeles on Tuesday night.
Seems Swift, 22, arrived at the hotel's bar and was being led to a table when she saw Mayer, 34, seated nearby dining with a pal.
"Taylor very visibly -- in front of the entire restaurant -- demanded to be moved to the other side [of the restaurant]," relays a spy. "The bar's usually an oasis of calm and privacy for celebrities and power players, but this was drama central."
Swift's reaction isn't too surprising, what with Mayer's bellyaching over her ditty, which includes such loaded lines as, "Don't you think I was too young to be messed with?" and "I see it all, now it was wrong/Don't you think 19 is too young to be played by your dark twisted games/When I loved you so?"
The logorrheic crooner, who once gave a sidewalk press conference to announce he'd dumped Jennifer Aniston and described ex-girlfriend Jessica Simpson as "sexual napalm," griped to Rolling Stone that Taylor's song made him "feel terrible," calling it a "really lousy" thing to do.
"I think it's kind of cheap songwriting," scoffed Mayer, who was briefly linked to Swift in late 2009/early 2010. "It's abusing your talent to rub your hands together and go, 'Wait till he gets a load of this!' That's bulls---."
But the popster's camp says he had it coming. (Also, who dates Swift without expecting to be immortalized in song? Sheesh).
"I can't believe he is trying to play the victim!" a friend marvels to Us Weekly. "He played her and now he's claiming he got played? What a loser."
Counters a Mayer source, "She had a major crush. She told him she liked him and tried to make a move. He felt she was too young and stopped her, saying he didn't feel comfortable going there."
Does that sound like something John would do? Didn't think so.
"John was a player who treated her like s---," continues a Taylor confidant. "She felt like he looked at her as a conquest."
Concludes another Swift insider, "Taylor is going to think even less of him now. I didn't think that was possible!"
RELATED ON WONDERWALL AND MSN:
Taylor gives $4 million donation
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite