Got protest? Music mogul Simmons mad over milk
- Photo: PNP/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: Ahmad & Saleem Elatab/Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Mark Davis/Hope for Haiti Now/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 17
- Photo: Aruna Gilbert/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/Getty Images North America8 of 17
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com12 of 17
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.13 of 17
- Photo: Glen E. Friedman/.14 of 17
- Photo: Rob Rich, AOL.com/.15 of 17
- Photo: Shadow PR/.16 of 17
More Celeb News
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Susan Lyne to Exit Post as AOL Brand Group CEOMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:09:00 PM
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Publicity Team Apologizes for 'Headless Day' CamMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:45:00 PM
- IMG Names Karen Brodkin President of Business AffairsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:10:00 PM
- Netflix Launching Selective Facebook RecommendationsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 2:41:00 PM
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- Music mogul Russell Simmons wants New York's governor to pull the plug on milk from cows.
The hip-hop impresario writes in a letter to Andrew Cuomo that milk should no longer be the state's official beverage.
Simmons, a vegan who has taken on several animal rights causes with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, says milk from cows is less healthy than milk from rice, almonds or soy.
He tells The Associated Press he knows dairy is big business in New York but says other industries could spring up in its place.
Simmons and Cuomo go way back. They're both from Queens, and they worked together a decade ago to help soften New York's strict drug laws.
Cuomo's office didn't immediately respond Thursday to a request for comment.
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGuilty Plea
From Crowd Ignite