Got protest? Music mogul Simmons mad over milk
- Photo: PNP/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: Ahmad & Saleem Elatab/Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Mark Davis/Hope for Haiti Now/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 17
- Photo: Aruna Gilbert/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/Getty Images North America8 of 17
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com12 of 17
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.13 of 17
- Photo: Glen E. Friedman/.14 of 17
- Photo: Rob Rich, AOL.com/.15 of 17
- Photo: Shadow PR/.16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Will Ferrell Headlining 'Stand Up to Cancer' TelecaMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:49:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- Music mogul Russell Simmons wants New York's governor to pull the plug on milk from cows.
The hip-hop impresario writes in a letter to Andrew Cuomo that milk should no longer be the state's official beverage.
Simmons, a vegan who has taken on several animal rights causes with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, says milk from cows is less healthy than milk from rice, almonds or soy.
He tells The Associated Press he knows dairy is big business in New York but says other industries could spring up in its place.
Simmons and Cuomo go way back. They're both from Queens, and they worked together a decade ago to help soften New York's strict drug laws.
Cuomo's office didn't immediately respond Thursday to a request for comment.
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMemorable Looks
From Crowd Ignite