Got protest? Music mogul Simmons mad over milk
- Photo: PNP/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: Ahmad & Saleem Elatab/Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Mark Davis/Hope for Haiti Now/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 17
- Photo: Aruna Gilbert/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/Getty Images North America8 of 17
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com12 of 17
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.13 of 17
- Photo: Glen E. Friedman/.14 of 17
- Photo: Rob Rich, AOL.com/.15 of 17
- Photo: Shadow PR/.16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- Music mogul Russell Simmons wants New York's governor to pull the plug on milk from cows.
The hip-hop impresario writes in a letter to Andrew Cuomo that milk should no longer be the state's official beverage.
Simmons, a vegan who has taken on several animal rights causes with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, says milk from cows is less healthy than milk from rice, almonds or soy.
He tells The Associated Press he knows dairy is big business in New York but says other industries could spring up in its place.
Simmons and Cuomo go way back. They're both from Queens, and they worked together a decade ago to help soften New York's strict drug laws.
Cuomo's office didn't immediately respond Thursday to a request for comment.
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite