Got protest? Music mogul Simmons mad over milk
- Photo: PNP/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: Ahmad & Saleem Elatab/Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Mark Davis/Hope for Haiti Now/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 17
- Photo: Aruna Gilbert/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/Getty Images North America8 of 17
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com12 of 17
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.13 of 17
- Photo: Glen E. Friedman/.14 of 17
- Photo: Rob Rich, AOL.com/.15 of 17
- Photo: Shadow PR/.16 of 17
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- Music mogul Russell Simmons wants New York's governor to pull the plug on milk from cows.
The hip-hop impresario writes in a letter to Andrew Cuomo that milk should no longer be the state's official beverage.
Simmons, a vegan who has taken on several animal rights causes with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, says milk from cows is less healthy than milk from rice, almonds or soy.
He tells The Associated Press he knows dairy is big business in New York but says other industries could spring up in its place.
Simmons and Cuomo go way back. They're both from Queens, and they worked together a decade ago to help soften New York's strict drug laws.
Cuomo's office didn't immediately respond Thursday to a request for comment.
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite