Gwen Stefani misses fashion week events for kids' school
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/SBMF/Fame Flynet4 of 9
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 9
- Photo: DCAP WAAZ/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Gwen Stefani often misses the chance to appear at her clothing line's runway shows because New York Fashion Week clashes with her children's school timetable.
The No Doubt singer has her own designer collection, L.A.M.B., which is showcased at the famous Manhattan style festival, but Stefani admits she regularly skips the event because she needs to be around to take care of her two sons, Kingston, 6, and Zuma, 4.
RELATED: Hollywood's Most Powerful Moms
She tells Britain's Elle magazine, "I've missed the last couple of fashion weeks because of school. I can't leave the kids, I can't miss the first week of kindergarten. I just can't."
Stefani goes on to admit she struggles to find the perfect balance between work and parenthood, adding, "Being a mom is hard, I think a lot of working moms feel that way. [They want] to have time to be themselves as well but it's really hard, there's a price to pay.
RELATED: Celeb Moms and Kids Who Dress Alike
"When you first have a baby your life doesn't change. I mean, you have a little less sleep and you drag these cuddly things around you and it's just amazing. But you still get to be you. Once they get to, like, five, six and school and it starts to get, like, 'Wow, they got real problems. They're my responsibility...' Oh my God. That is overwhelming."
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite