Gwen Stefani misses fashion week events for kids' school
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/SBMF/Fame Flynet4 of 9
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 9
- Photo: DCAP WAAZ/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Pitbull Joins LeBron James, Other NBA Stars for ESPN and ABC's Playoffs Tip-Off (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 12:04:00 PM
- Exclusive First Look: Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth Take on "Detectiving" for MysMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Fox CEO Jim Gianopulos to Give USC Commencement SpeechMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:24:00 AM
- Vice President Joe Biden Joins Instagram in the Most Boss Way PossibleMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:12:00 AM
- Tribeca at 13: Film Festival Is Growing Up, but Still Hard to Pin DownMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:07:00 AM
- Pitbull Joins LeBron James, Other NBA Stars for ESPN and ABC's Playoffs Tip-Off (Exclusive)
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Gwen Stefani often misses the chance to appear at her clothing line's runway shows because New York Fashion Week clashes with her children's school timetable.
The No Doubt singer has her own designer collection, L.A.M.B., which is showcased at the famous Manhattan style festival, but Stefani admits she regularly skips the event because she needs to be around to take care of her two sons, Kingston, 6, and Zuma, 4.
RELATED: Hollywood's Most Powerful Moms
She tells Britain's Elle magazine, "I've missed the last couple of fashion weeks because of school. I can't leave the kids, I can't miss the first week of kindergarten. I just can't."
Stefani goes on to admit she struggles to find the perfect balance between work and parenthood, adding, "Being a mom is hard, I think a lot of working moms feel that way. [They want] to have time to be themselves as well but it's really hard, there's a price to pay.
RELATED: Celeb Moms and Kids Who Dress Alike
"When you first have a baby your life doesn't change. I mean, you have a little less sleep and you drag these cuddly things around you and it's just amazing. But you still get to be you. Once they get to, like, five, six and school and it starts to get, like, 'Wow, they got real problems. They're my responsibility...' Oh my God. That is overwhelming."
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite