Gwen Stefani misses fashion week events for kids' school
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/SBMF/Fame Flynet4 of 9
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 9
- Photo: DCAP WAAZ/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Wiz Khalifa Nabs First No. 1 Album With 'Blacc Hollywood'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:13:00 AM
- Non-Fiction Producers Association Adds 14 Production Companies to RanksMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:01:00 AM
- Controversial MLB Player, Amazing Race Twins Join the Survivor: San Juan del Sur CastMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' Ticks Up, NBC Tops TuesdayMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Jasper Johns' former assistant pleads guiltyMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 8:30:33 AM
- Wiz Khalifa Nabs First No. 1 Album With 'Blacc Hollywood'
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Gwen Stefani often misses the chance to appear at her clothing line's runway shows because New York Fashion Week clashes with her children's school timetable.
The No Doubt singer has her own designer collection, L.A.M.B., which is showcased at the famous Manhattan style festival, but Stefani admits she regularly skips the event because she needs to be around to take care of her two sons, Kingston, 6, and Zuma, 4.
RELATED: Hollywood's Most Powerful Moms
She tells Britain's Elle magazine, "I've missed the last couple of fashion weeks because of school. I can't leave the kids, I can't miss the first week of kindergarten. I just can't."
Stefani goes on to admit she struggles to find the perfect balance between work and parenthood, adding, "Being a mom is hard, I think a lot of working moms feel that way. [They want] to have time to be themselves as well but it's really hard, there's a price to pay.
RELATED: Celeb Moms and Kids Who Dress Alike
"When you first have a baby your life doesn't change. I mean, you have a little less sleep and you drag these cuddly things around you and it's just amazing. But you still get to be you. Once they get to, like, five, six and school and it starts to get, like, 'Wow, they got real problems. They're my responsibility...' Oh my God. That is overwhelming."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite