Gwen Stefani misses fashion week events for kids' school
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/SBMF/Fame Flynet4 of 9
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 9
- Photo: DCAP WAAZ/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Gwen Stefani often misses the chance to appear at her clothing line's runway shows because New York Fashion Week clashes with her children's school timetable.
The No Doubt singer has her own designer collection, L.A.M.B., which is showcased at the famous Manhattan style festival, but Stefani admits she regularly skips the event because she needs to be around to take care of her two sons, Kingston, 6, and Zuma, 4.
RELATED: Hollywood's Most Powerful Moms
She tells Britain's Elle magazine, "I've missed the last couple of fashion weeks because of school. I can't leave the kids, I can't miss the first week of kindergarten. I just can't."
Stefani goes on to admit she struggles to find the perfect balance between work and parenthood, adding, "Being a mom is hard, I think a lot of working moms feel that way. [They want] to have time to be themselves as well but it's really hard, there's a price to pay.
RELATED: Celeb Moms and Kids Who Dress Alike
"When you first have a baby your life doesn't change. I mean, you have a little less sleep and you drag these cuddly things around you and it's just amazing. But you still get to be you. Once they get to, like, five, six and school and it starts to get, like, 'Wow, they got real problems. They're my responsibility...' Oh my God. That is overwhelming."
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite