Gwen Stefani misses fashion week events for kids' school
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/SBMF/Fame Flynet4 of 9
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 9
- Photo: DCAP WAAZ/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Gwen Stefani often misses the chance to appear at her clothing line's runway shows because New York Fashion Week clashes with her children's school timetable.
The No Doubt singer has her own designer collection, L.A.M.B., which is showcased at the famous Manhattan style festival, but Stefani admits she regularly skips the event because she needs to be around to take care of her two sons, Kingston, 6, and Zuma, 4.
RELATED: Hollywood's Most Powerful Moms
She tells Britain's Elle magazine, "I've missed the last couple of fashion weeks because of school. I can't leave the kids, I can't miss the first week of kindergarten. I just can't."
Stefani goes on to admit she struggles to find the perfect balance between work and parenthood, adding, "Being a mom is hard, I think a lot of working moms feel that way. [They want] to have time to be themselves as well but it's really hard, there's a price to pay.
RELATED: Celeb Moms and Kids Who Dress Alike
"When you first have a baby your life doesn't change. I mean, you have a little less sleep and you drag these cuddly things around you and it's just amazing. But you still get to be you. Once they get to, like, five, six and school and it starts to get, like, 'Wow, they got real problems. They're my responsibility...' Oh my God. That is overwhelming."
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite