- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: Miguel/CPR/Fame Flynet4 of 13
- Photo: COBO/GSI5 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: ISM/Stefan/Flynetpictures.com/Fame Flynet9 of 13
- Photo: Hector Vasquez/Pacific Coast News10 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Stefan Jeremiah/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- Housewives star weds in FloridaMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 8:24:57 PM
- The Best, Worst, and Most Ridiculous of the Week: 14 Showbiz Stories You Can't MissMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 7:06:58 PM
- How Many Different Companies Can Bid on Hulu? Too ManyMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 6:41:48 PM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'
There's No Doubt taking care of two boys can be exhausting!
After an 11-year break, Gwen Stefani has reunited with No Doubt to release a new album, "Push and Shove," in September. And the busy mother of two admitted in an interview with New York Magazine's Vulture that returning to her band was a "nice break" from being mom.
Since their last album, "Rock Steady," in 2011, all the band members -- Tony Kanal, Adrian Young, Tom Dumont and Stefani -- have become parents. Stefani, 42, married Bush guitarist and lead singer Gavin Rossdale in September 2002 and welcomed son Kingston on May 26, 2006, and son Zuma on Aug. 21, 2008. (She also released two solo albums, "Love. Angel. Music. Baby." in 2004 and "The Sweet Escape" in 2006).
"I don't think [parenthood has] mellowed us out, but priorities have to change," Stefani told Vulture. "Before, it was unspoken that the band was the No. 1 thing; there was not a girlfriend or someone else that could be before the band. It wasn't even something we discussed: it just was what it was. But we're at a stage where we don't have to be like that anymore; we can kind of do this when we want to do it."
"Like today, for instance, I told them, 'I cannot do 12-hour days anymore; stop it!' " she explained. "I just missed Kingston and Zuma going to sleep. But I get to talk to you, and it's actually a nice break — my kids are so much work," she said, laughing. "No Spider-Man for me tonight, but that's OK. I'll take a break."
The band hadn't intended to take such a long break from making albums together. "We were just burned out; we had toured so, so much, and it takes so much of yourself," Stefani said. "I got married and decided I wanted to do a dance record, and I didn't ever expect for it to be what it was or for the No Doubt thing to be such a long break, but it was one of those things where you just had to sort of follow your inspiration.
"And then as soon as I was done with that last [solo] tour, I was done. I was like, OK, I'm ready; I'm so ready for the No Doubt record. And then I got pregnant with Zuma, and it was really challenging to be pregnant and come off all the stuff I had done, and try to write. And that's why things got really delayed; it was like, impossible," she said. "I just couldn't do it; I had nothing left to give. And when I finally had [Zuma], we said, 'Let's just go on tour and try to get inspired.' And when we came off tour we wrote our first song."
No Doubt's sixth studio album, "Push and Shove," will be released Sept. 25.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Get the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See what stars like Katy Perry, Madonna, Faith Hill, Pamela Anderson and Rihanna look like in candid moments without makeup.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
We look back at the Kardashian clan's Greek yachting trip on April 27.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite