Harry Styles spent thousands on pizza for the homeless
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/Wonderwall1 of 9
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA3 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 9
- Photo: JCX/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
One Direction star Harry Styles recently spent thousands of dollars on takeaway pizzas and drove around Los Angeles distributing them to the homeless.
The generous singer made the gesture last year during the band's trip to California on his only day off from work, according to fellow British singer Ed Sheeran.
The "Lego House" hit-maker insists his friend deserves some credit for his efforts to help the needy, telling American radio station 95.5 WPLJ, "I saw him in L.A. about three months ago. He had a day off and he went out. ... No one knows about this. ... He went out on his day off and spent like two or three grand on Domino's pizzas and drove around for the whole day just giving it to homeless people.
"I think that's an amazing story. That's pretty cool right? ... People write about Harry all the time in a negative way with all his love life and stuff, but he does stuff like that a lot. ... He's actually a pretty genuine dude. ... Harry only came into this huge amount of wealth in the past two years, so he doesn't take it for granted at all. He's really generous and likes feeling like he does some good in the world."
Chris Brandon, a spokesperson for the Domino's Pizza chain, has since spoken out to thank Styles for his kindness, saying, "All we really want to say though is thank you to Harry for involving us in such a cool thing that he did. My understanding is that Harry and One Direction have plenty of fans. ... But they certainly gained a bunch more today from us here at Domino's."
MORE ON WONDERWALL
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey does her best impression of a mermaid on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite