Harry Styles spent thousands on pizza for the homeless
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/Wonderwall1 of 9
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA3 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 9
- Photo: JCX/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
One Direction star Harry Styles recently spent thousands of dollars on takeaway pizzas and drove around Los Angeles distributing them to the homeless.
The generous singer made the gesture last year during the band's trip to California on his only day off from work, according to fellow British singer Ed Sheeran.
The "Lego House" hit-maker insists his friend deserves some credit for his efforts to help the needy, telling American radio station 95.5 WPLJ, "I saw him in L.A. about three months ago. He had a day off and he went out. ... No one knows about this. ... He went out on his day off and spent like two or three grand on Domino's pizzas and drove around for the whole day just giving it to homeless people.
"I think that's an amazing story. That's pretty cool right? ... People write about Harry all the time in a negative way with all his love life and stuff, but he does stuff like that a lot. ... He's actually a pretty genuine dude. ... Harry only came into this huge amount of wealth in the past two years, so he doesn't take it for granted at all. He's really generous and likes feeling like he does some good in the world."
Chris Brandon, a spokesperson for the Domino's Pizza chain, has since spoken out to thank Styles for his kindness, saying, "All we really want to say though is thank you to Harry for involving us in such a cool thing that he did. My understanding is that Harry and One Direction have plenty of fans. ... But they certainly gained a bunch more today from us here at Domino's."
MORE ON WONDERWALL
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMemorable Looks
From Crowd Ignite