Has Jessica Simpson 'Fallen Hard' for Billy Corgan?Related: Hot Gossip, Jessica Simpson
- Photo: Ray Tamarra/GettyImages.com1 of 7
- Photo: AP2 of 7
- Photo: Patricia Schlein/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Fabrizio Picco/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 4:24:15 PM
- Why 'The Great Gatsby' Reveals A Huge Divide Between Hollywood And Its Fans (VideoMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 4:15:45 PM
- Oscar Winner Ari Sandel to Direct 'The DUFF' for CBS Films (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:55:03 PM
- Justin Bieber Spanked Over Monkey Lodging FeesMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:32:00 PM
- '21 Jump Street' Villain Rob Riggle Joins Fox Comedy 'Let's Be CMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:20:36 PM
- 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees
From the same "Opposites Attract"-humming Cupid who brought you Marilyn Manson and Evan Rachel Wood, Madonna and Jesus, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jamie Kennedy, and Adam Duritz and everyone, comes Jessica Simpson and ... Billy Corgan?
After a craptacular year that has included a birthday eve dumping by Tony Romo in July, unfair waistline scrutiny, and the vicious coyote-napping of her beloved dog Daisy, the starlet, 29, appears to be (yes, we're having a hard time digesting this one, too) on the upswing with the chrome-domed Smashing Pumpkins front man, 42.
"She has fallen hard and is smitten," an insider tattles to E! News, before noting that the oddball pair has decided they're "officially dating." (Did they get a notarized certificate or something?)
On Dec. 4, paparazzi captured a smiling Jessica leaving her New York hotel with a low-key, be-hatted Corgan in tow (that's him over there on the far left -- you may need to squint a little).
"She has completely fallen for Billy and his easygoing, smart attitude," a Simpson pal maintains to OK!. "She says she wants to take things a lot further."
Corgan, who has spent quality time with the elegant likes of Courtney Love and Tila Tequila, apparently charmed the former Mrs. Nick Lachey during a party last month in Los Angeles.
"As the night went on, things got more intense and they talked with their faces just inches apart," claims a spy, with another snitch adding, "We do worry that she is on the rebound. But she is a big girl and capable of making her own decisions."
Still, not everyone is convinced about Jessica's judgment, vis-à-vis selecting suitable partners, especially those nearest and dearest to her.
"He's just another in an endless string of Jessica's boyfriends," snipes the E! source, seemingly referring to Romo and onetime flame John Mayer. "[Her inner circle thinks] he's too old for her. No one takes any of her boyfriends seriously anymore because she has had so many. They're sick of all of them being 'the one.'"
Simpson, who has been globe-trotting in recent months for her upcoming reality show, "The Price of Beauty," recently detailed what's on her list for Mr. Right.
"I definitely love a spiritual man -- somebody that is going to always inspire me," she told "Extra." "And, you know, I love artistic men -- somebody that really understands their art."
She also likes a "confidant man" with brains, although her recent "flirty" dinner meet-up with Gerard Butler went nowhere.
"I don't want to get bored. I can bore out pretty easily," admitted Jess, "so I love intellectual men, people that will always keep me intrigued."
RELATED: Follow Wonderwall on Twitter
But what she considers boredom others sometimes view as high-maintenance.
"Jessica is very needy. She is very clingy," a mole told People magazine in September. "She is so sweet, but sometimes because of that she's hard to be around. It's not always easy. She hates to be alone. That's what happened with Tony. Jessica smothers people. She doesn't really have any hobbies."
Not true. She loves Twitter and other people's rambling deep-ish thoughts.
Read more Hot Gossip
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite