- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Madonna and Jesus bundle up in NY on Jan. 6/Ron Asadorian/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: STR/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Splash/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Splash/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever AfterMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:32:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight's' Director, Stars Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke Celebrate &aMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:13:43 PM
- Cannes: IFC Buys North American Rights to 'The Selfish Giant'MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:09:45 PM
- Paddy Considine and Fares Fares Join Tom Hardy Thriller 'Child 44' (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:55:22 PM
- Steven Soderbergh Is Looking to Direct Clive Owen in Cinemax Series MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:53:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever After
Has the romance that spawned a million sacrilegious mother-and-child jokes finally run its course? The rumor mill is abuzz with chatter that Madonna, 51, and her Brazilian model squeeze, Jesus Luz, 22, have parted ways after a little more than a year of togetherness.
The Chicago Sun-Times maintains that the ostensible split was "totally amicable" and, surprisingly enough, that it was Luz who decided to call things off, citing their age difference and "overall lack of mutual interests."
Hollyscoop, however, hints that it was the Big M who purportedly pulled the plug.
When contacted for comment about the split rumblings, Madonna's rep told Wonderwall, "Thank you for checking, but I have no comment about this."
According to a Hollyscoop mole, "The problem with Jesus is as simple as it is obvious. It's the age difference ... How long could it last? How it even lasted a year seems a miracle to a lot of people. He's perfectly nice, a gentleman and very smart. But they are in such different places in their lives."
This is certainly true. Shortly after performing "Like a Prayer" on the "Hope for Haiti Now" telethon on Jan. 22, Madonna jetted off to see friends in London while Luz, who, thanks to his connection to the pop icon, is now earning big bucks as a DJ, has recently been snapped having fun in his native Brazil.
"They both benefited, but it's pretty much over now," continues the source. "Or, as Madonna told me, 'We've just run out of things to talk about. I mean, it's really pushing it for us to have common ground these days. We have Kabbalah, but that's about it.'"
Another snitch pipes in that "the physical intimacy they share is strong and powerful ... but she now sees that there is no future for him with her ..."
Word of the supposed breakup comes just two weeks after a British tabloid claimed that Madonna was eager to procreate with Jesus.
It also follows her meet-up in early January with ex-husband Sean Penn at a New York restaurant, which her rep was quick to dismiss as nothing but a 10-minute chance encounter.
Us Weekly, meanwhile, claims that Madonna spent the weekend of Jan. 16 with former "good friend" (and newly Kate Hudson-free) Alex Rodriguez at his Westchester County, New York, home.
"She's never been a one-man woman," a source told the mag. "When she's with a guy like Jesus, whom she takes care of, she doesn't really respect him."
Madonna first took a shine to Luz after they met during a photo shoot for W magazine in Rio de Janeiro in late 2008, when she was fresh off her big bucks divorce from Guy Ritchie. Before long, Jesus was a fixture in her rarefied orbit, frequently joining her on outings with the kids and at Kabbalah meetings.
RELATED: See photos of Madonna
The mega-star reportedly pulled strings to boost his modeling career and helped get him established as a DJ. In between, they apparently shared a schmoopy moment or two.
While celebrating her 51st birthday last year in Portofino, Italy, Madonna is said to have made a toast to Jesus, calling him "the love of my life."
"He has been so strong around me," she reportedly said. "I can't thank him enough."
The next day, as paparazzi snapped away, the twosome puckered up on a yacht while hanging out with Madonna's kids, Lourdes, Rocco, Mercy, and David.
In November, Madonna reportedly met Jesus' family during a trip to Brazil, with the pair last photographed together on Jan. 6 as they took in a showing of "Avatar" in New York.
Read more Hot Gossip
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite