- Photo: Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Eduardo Verdugo/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Sinks to Series' Winter LowMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:50:21 AM
- Estelle Parsons to appear on Broadway in springMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:11:36 AM
- Reactions to 71st annual Golden Globe nominationsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 7:57:53 AM
- Golden Globes Nominations by the NumbersMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 7:47:34 AM
- Conan, Ice Cube, and Kevin Hart Catch a Ride With a Total Stranger (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 7:07:59 AM
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Sinks to Series' Winter Low
By Kat Giantis
It's been a tough month for Madonna, what with her failed adoption bid and that scary tumble from a horse, so it's understandable she'd want a strapping shoulder to lean on. But is the reappearance of the pop icon's Brazilian model arm-candy Jesus Luz thanks in part to her fashion designer friends?
The New York Post says Madonna's pal Marc Jacobs penned a letter of support for Luz's work permit to let him stay in the United States. "Marc campaigned for Jesus," maintains a source, "saying he is highly talented and a necessity to the label."
Also said to be stepping up is Dolce & Gabbana, which reportedly tapped the doe-eyed 22-year-old, who once again attended Kabbalah services with Madonna in New York over the weekend, for a forthcoming campaign.
"All these fashion lines are hiring Jesus as a favor to Madonna," relays the snitch. "As long as he can legally work in the U.S., they can be together."
But the Big M's rep denies she had anything to do with Jesus' sudden popularity, telling the paper she's "not at all involved in managing" his career and pointing out that the Dolce gig was hammered out by his agents.
Meanwhile, the London Sun reports that Madonna's ex-hubby, Guy Ritchie, has purchased a London home that's within shouting distance of the palatial digs they once shared (she got their 10-bedroom pad in the divorce and he reportedly received major bucks to buy a new property).
The filmmaker supposedly shelled out several million for the four-story residence, which will ensure he's close by whenever sons Rocco, 9, and David, 3, are in town with their mom.
According to the tab, Madonna is pleased with the arrangement, with an insider claiming the former flames are "getting on better than they have in years."
So much so that Ritchie, who reportedly offered a sympathetic ear to Madonna over her unsuccessful bid to adopt 3-year-old Mercy from Malawi, may have gotten a laugh out of Madonna when he joked about her purported English language issues with Luz.
The source quotes Guy as quipping, "Blimey, no wonder the whole thing works so perfectly."
Next: Paris gets benevolent
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBabies of 2013
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite