Whitney Houston full autopsy report to offer more details
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Digital2 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: National Enquirer/.4 of 17
- Photo: Warner Bros.5 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Rich Schultz/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: © Chris Walter/Retna Ltd.12 of 17
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.13 of 17
- Photo: © Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.14 of 17
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Scandal' Adds 'Major Crimes' Actor Jon Tenney in Possibly RomanMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 12:48:04 PM
- 'Ouija' Conjures Leads: 'Bates Motel' Star Olivia Cooke &apoMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 12:44:35 PM
- 'Prisoners' Director Denis Villeneuve Eyed for Female-Driven Crime Drama &aposMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 11:49:18 AM
- 'Twice Born' Review: Penélope Cruz and Emile Hirsch as Twits Under Fire in SarajevMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 11:31:43 AM
- Rick Santorum Compares Obamacare to Apartheid, on Night of Mandela's Death (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:49:38 AM
- 'Scandal' Adds 'Major Crimes' Actor Jon Tenney in Possibly Roman
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Whitney Houston's full autopsy report may offer more clues about whether the singer suffered a heart attack before her drowning death, officials said Friday.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston
The full report, which is expected to be released in a few weeks, may include test results and physical descriptions of the singer's heart that will show whether she suffered a heart attack, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said. The report is being compiled and Winter said he did not have access to its findings, which might show whether there were any obvious signs such as discoloration of her heart that would suggest Houston had a heart attack before slipping underwater in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Feb. 11.
Houston's death has been ruled an accidental drowning, with heart disease and cocaine use listed as contributing factors.
The report also will include detailed toxicology results that will show how much cocaine and its byproducts were in Houston's system when she died. Coroner's officials said Thursday that the results showed the singer used cocaine shortly before her death, and there were indications of chronic use.
RELATED VIDEO: The Life and Career of Whitney Houston
Beverly Hills police detectives will use the full coroner's report to complete their investigative file, which is not expected to be publicly released. The department has said there were no signs of foul play in connection with Houston's death.
Houston's death on the eve of the Grammy Awards stunned the music industry and fans worldwide. The singer had battled addiction for years, but friends and family have said she appeared committed to making a comeback in the months before her death.
"We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure," Patricia Houston, the singer's sister-in-law and manager, wrote in a statement to The Associated Press on Thursday.
RELATED: Whitney's Life With Bobby Brown
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite