Whitney Houston full autopsy report to offer more details
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Digital2 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: National Enquirer/.4 of 17
- Photo: Warner Bros.5 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Rich Schultz/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: © Chris Walter/Retna Ltd.12 of 17
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.13 of 17
- Photo: © Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.14 of 17
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Hulu Inks Exclusive Deal to Stream Entire 'South Park' Library, Renews 'EMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:24:00 PM
- Female Yahoo! Exec Being Sued by Female Subordinate for Sexual HarassmentMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:24:00 PM
- Cory Monteith's Father Looks Back on Anniversary of His Son's DeathMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Internet Cancellation Hoax Outrages FansMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 2:54:00 PM
- LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian jump into reality TVMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 2:50:32 PM
- Hulu Inks Exclusive Deal to Stream Entire 'South Park' Library, Renews 'E
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Whitney Houston's full autopsy report may offer more clues about whether the singer suffered a heart attack before her drowning death, officials said Friday.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston
The full report, which is expected to be released in a few weeks, may include test results and physical descriptions of the singer's heart that will show whether she suffered a heart attack, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said. The report is being compiled and Winter said he did not have access to its findings, which might show whether there were any obvious signs such as discoloration of her heart that would suggest Houston had a heart attack before slipping underwater in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Feb. 11.
Houston's death has been ruled an accidental drowning, with heart disease and cocaine use listed as contributing factors.
The report also will include detailed toxicology results that will show how much cocaine and its byproducts were in Houston's system when she died. Coroner's officials said Thursday that the results showed the singer used cocaine shortly before her death, and there were indications of chronic use.
RELATED VIDEO: The Life and Career of Whitney Houston
Beverly Hills police detectives will use the full coroner's report to complete their investigative file, which is not expected to be publicly released. The department has said there were no signs of foul play in connection with Houston's death.
Houston's death on the eve of the Grammy Awards stunned the music industry and fans worldwide. The singer had battled addiction for years, but friends and family have said she appeared committed to making a comeback in the months before her death.
"We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure," Patricia Houston, the singer's sister-in-law and manager, wrote in a statement to The Associated Press on Thursday.
RELATED: Whitney's Life With Bobby Brown
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian and more pregnant stars show off their baby bumps over the holiday weekend on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDad Duty
From Crowd Ignite