Whitney Houston full autopsy report to offer more details
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Digital2 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: National Enquirer/.4 of 17
- Photo: Warner Bros.5 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Rich Schultz/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: © Chris Walter/Retna Ltd.12 of 17
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.13 of 17
- Photo: © Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.14 of 17
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.16 of 17
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Whitney Houston's full autopsy report may offer more clues about whether the singer suffered a heart attack before her drowning death, officials said Friday.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston
The full report, which is expected to be released in a few weeks, may include test results and physical descriptions of the singer's heart that will show whether she suffered a heart attack, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said. The report is being compiled and Winter said he did not have access to its findings, which might show whether there were any obvious signs such as discoloration of her heart that would suggest Houston had a heart attack before slipping underwater in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Feb. 11.
Houston's death has been ruled an accidental drowning, with heart disease and cocaine use listed as contributing factors.
The report also will include detailed toxicology results that will show how much cocaine and its byproducts were in Houston's system when she died. Coroner's officials said Thursday that the results showed the singer used cocaine shortly before her death, and there were indications of chronic use.
RELATED VIDEO: The Life and Career of Whitney Houston
Beverly Hills police detectives will use the full coroner's report to complete their investigative file, which is not expected to be publicly released. The department has said there were no signs of foul play in connection with Houston's death.
Houston's death on the eve of the Grammy Awards stunned the music industry and fans worldwide. The singer had battled addiction for years, but friends and family have said she appeared committed to making a comeback in the months before her death.
"We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure," Patricia Houston, the singer's sister-in-law and manager, wrote in a statement to The Associated Press on Thursday.
RELATED: Whitney's Life With Bobby Brown
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite