Jay-Z Doted on Pregnant Beyonce at VMAs, Says Backstage Source
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 17
- Photo: Mejia / Asadorian/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com6 of 17
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com8 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com9 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Greg Tidwell/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com16 of 17
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
No wonder they're still crazy in love!
Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards show was an unforgettable night for Jay-Z and his wife, Beyonce, who joyously confirmed her pregnancy onstage before a TV audience of millions. (On the black carpet just a couple of hours before, the singer had announced that she was expecting, with her rep confirming the news to Us as well. The Grammy-winning superstar is about four months along, one source says.)
And backstage, the parents-to-be were just as pumped up. With adjacent dressing rooms (Jay-Z, 41, shared his with pal and Watch the Throne partner Kanye West), "Jay was doting on her the whole time," a witness tells Us Weekly.
The rapper-mogul, whose real name is Shawn Carter, even cat-called his wife of three years! Says the backstage source, "He yelled, 'Mmm hmmm, who's that sexy lady walking down here?' playing like he was flirting with her. It was so cute."
Jay-Z was also mindful of his love's condition. "He was really taking care of her, asking her how she feels and helping her walk," the source says. "It was so sweet to see him like that."
Also taking care? Beyonce's mom, Tina Knowles. "She was on top of EVERYTHING, getting Beyonce everything she needed. ... Between Jay and her mom, she was totally taken care of. Her mom was getting her everything she needed."
The superstar couple's famous friends got in on the baby joy, too.
"Kanye looked like the proud uncle!" adds the witness. And Beyonce's "Telephone" duet partner, Lady Gaga (dressed in male drag as Jo Calderone), made frequent visits to the dressing room as well. "She kept coming over to rub Beyonce's belly and say hello," the witness explains, "And the security guards thought she was a guy at first and wouldn't let her back! It was really funny."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite