Jay-Z Doted on Pregnant Beyonce at VMAs, Says Backstage Source
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 17
- Photo: Mejia / Asadorian/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com6 of 17
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com8 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com9 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Greg Tidwell/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
No wonder they're still crazy in love!
Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards show was an unforgettable night for Jay-Z and his wife, Beyonce, who joyously confirmed her pregnancy onstage before a TV audience of millions. (On the black carpet just a couple of hours before, the singer had announced that she was expecting, with her rep confirming the news to Us as well. The Grammy-winning superstar is about four months along, one source says.)
And backstage, the parents-to-be were just as pumped up. With adjacent dressing rooms (Jay-Z, 41, shared his with pal and Watch the Throne partner Kanye West), "Jay was doting on her the whole time," a witness tells Us Weekly.
The rapper-mogul, whose real name is Shawn Carter, even cat-called his wife of three years! Says the backstage source, "He yelled, 'Mmm hmmm, who's that sexy lady walking down here?' playing like he was flirting with her. It was so cute."
Jay-Z was also mindful of his love's condition. "He was really taking care of her, asking her how she feels and helping her walk," the source says. "It was so sweet to see him like that."
Also taking care? Beyonce's mom, Tina Knowles. "She was on top of EVERYTHING, getting Beyonce everything she needed. ... Between Jay and her mom, she was totally taken care of. Her mom was getting her everything she needed."
The superstar couple's famous friends got in on the baby joy, too.
"Kanye looked like the proud uncle!" adds the witness. And Beyonce's "Telephone" duet partner, Lady Gaga (dressed in male drag as Jo Calderone), made frequent visits to the dressing room as well. "She kept coming over to rub Beyonce's belly and say hello," the witness explains, "And the security guards thought she was a guy at first and wouldn't let her back! It was really funny."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite