How Jennifer Hudson's Fiance Saved Her Life
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 6
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a Documentary
In December, Jennifer Hudson sat down with NBC's Lester Holt for an exclusive "Dateline" interview, where the 30-year-old singer talked about everything from her dramatic weight loss to how her fiancé, David Otunga, saved her life.
Hudson recalled how she would have been in the house at the time her mother, brother and nephew were killed if it wasn't for a phone call from Otunga.
"I remember it like yesterday," she said. "And I was literally pickin' up my bags to walk out the door to go to my mother's house. And he called me, like, 'Can you come out here instead of going, you know?' And I was like, 'OK, sure.' And that one decision, that one thing, I wouldn't be sittin' here."
Hudson also got candid about her weight loss.
"I was much heavier growing up. I was wearing, like size 22s or 24s and things like that," Hudson said.
In fact, her book, "I Got This," touches on her constant weight struggle, which she's overcome through diet, exercise and a positive attitude.
"That's just how I look at things. Instead of second-guessing myself or doubting things, or even defeating myself before I even try. That's where this came from. You know what -- 'I Got This.' That's why I wrote this book. It's like I wanna be that voice cheering others on you know. And if I got this, you got it too," she said.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON ETONLINE:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite