How Jennifer Hudson's Fiance Saved Her Life
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 6
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
In December, Jennifer Hudson sat down with NBC's Lester Holt for an exclusive "Dateline" interview, where the 30-year-old singer talked about everything from her dramatic weight loss to how her fiancé, David Otunga, saved her life.
Hudson recalled how she would have been in the house at the time her mother, brother and nephew were killed if it wasn't for a phone call from Otunga.
"I remember it like yesterday," she said. "And I was literally pickin' up my bags to walk out the door to go to my mother's house. And he called me, like, 'Can you come out here instead of going, you know?' And I was like, 'OK, sure.' And that one decision, that one thing, I wouldn't be sittin' here."
Hudson also got candid about her weight loss.
"I was much heavier growing up. I was wearing, like size 22s or 24s and things like that," Hudson said.
In fact, her book, "I Got This," touches on her constant weight struggle, which she's overcome through diet, exercise and a positive attitude.
"That's just how I look at things. Instead of second-guessing myself or doubting things, or even defeating myself before I even try. That's where this came from. You know what -- 'I Got This.' That's why I wrote this book. It's like I wanna be that voice cheering others on you know. And if I got this, you got it too," she said.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON ETONLINE:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMemorable Looks
From Crowd Ignite